• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrainer/triggerer likes doing his thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi. I find it very hard to finish my own projects. So I figured, it might be more fun to help on other people's projects.

I am completely open for recruitment. I have lots of experience with GUI, can make good cinematics, spells, arrow-key systems, camera systems, stuff with missile units, etc. (basically everything), though I haven't got a clue about JASS. So if you're cool with GUI-only, I could be your triggerer for a coming project.

I can make some nice terrains aswell. I've never tried making enterable buildings and such (though I'm always ready for new challenges), but I can make terrains that look convincing, and interesting... I have an eye for detail.

If you're just interested in a terrainer, you might want to see some screenshots first. So if anybody's interested, I can attach some screenshots within 24 hours.

I may also be able to do a few other side-things like loading screens or simple skins.

Edit: I can open maps that have been saved in version 1.24, but I prefer to work with my 100xFaster Mac OS, which can only open maps saved in older editors.

TerrainPicBrokenRoad1.gif

TerrainPicBrokenRoad2.gif

TerrainPicLookoverWall.gif

TerrainPicRainyDay1.gif

TerrainPicRainyDay2.gif

TerrainPicSnakeTemple.gif

Last edited:
Level 4
Hi, I'm the guy who's map you said you were looking at to help with.
I was wondering,
1) Could I see some of your work, and
2) Do you think you could make a load screen for my map?

Level 10
1) I have now added my terrain screenshots, and
2) you bet.
If you have a particular image that you want to make a loading screen from, you can do it yourself very easily, for instance by following this tutorial: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/loadscreen.php, or you can follow one of the tutorials here at the hiveworkshop too.
I can do some image editing for you if you have a picture you want to use. Lay some filters and stuff over an in-game screenshot, or whatever you prefer.

I like the sound of your map, by the way. I can assist you, but you need to fill me a little more in on it at some point, because from what I can see now, it's very hard to analyze. I'm excited to here more about the gameplay you have in mind. I've been working on some maps of my own that had boulder traps, and I thought of making objects that were movable by the player, to switch the direction of boulders on impact to sabotage traps, destroy doors, etc. But I never really finished that. Was too focused on making a good story. Which I can't :) so now I just want to make fun triggers, traps, terrains, and other stuff in different contexts.

Level 4
Alright, well, you can check out my topic Here.
Or, you can come and talk to me on the USEast realm, I'll be in Clan IA.

Also, btw, I knew how to make loading screens, I meant just for you to do some editing to make a cool one. :p

Level 3
Ok, dood!

Love ur terrain, plz do some for my map ^^

I need an epic size landscape (if you want you could just make a few areas, i know it's hard work) with varied terrain. There should be lots of space to build your city but including those "hard to get to" places (including an island), where you also could build your city, or a smaller encampment.

No towns or cities should be in the map, just wilderness. Think narrow mountainpasses, thick forests, deep seas and great wide plains. Throw in a small cave or two and i can work some magic with that, just make the texture in the cave unbuildable ^^

Also, 3 textures are used in the triggers. You could change them but you would need to know what roles they play:
Brown dirt is used as a great soil for farming pigs and is quite uncommon, and comes in small areas.
Grassy dirt is used as a good soil for farming pigs but is quite common.
The texture on the seabed is Ashenvale - Rock, and is used for pahing automatic movement for boats.

The map itself is a city simulator/whos the "bad guy" with loads of strategical and tactical options.

I've already started terraining the map, with 1 good "area" (the other ones look like crap)... If you are interested i'd love to paste the map in the pastebin for you ^^

Level 3
ok, awesome! :D
im uploading it now, link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=6zh7jh

the Ashenvale - Rock is all over the seabed, and preferrably i would like it under the river as well. but you can change this texture if you like as it's only a minor change in the trigger editor. you will probably see that the "forest" is the only map feature worth saving, as the mountain i made completely blows...

anyways, thanks for looking at it... massive creds for any features you add m8 ^.-

and oh, don't forget to try it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.