• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Template / Terrain] Terrain Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Okay first of all, this is not intended to be a non-playable terrain, this is the terrain I'm making for a project I'm working on. This is supposed to be a chapter in a campaign. I added the prefix 'terrain' because I want this to be judged as a terrain, and I'd like feedback on its terrain and doodad placement overall.

I'd like somebody to take a look at it, if you have the time, and tell me what it needs. Does it need more doodads? Does it have too many doodads? Is the terrain not random enough? Is the terrain not realistic enough or not fitting to the WC3 game overall? All feedback is welcome.

All suggestions and ideas are welcome as long as they don't hinder the game-play.

Notes:
-Some doodads are in their intended positions because they're supposed to be significant game-play-wise in their locations, so those I can't change their locations. Like: Demon Pillars, Demon King Statues, Glowing Obelisks and Demon Obelisks.
-Purple waygate leads to purple waygate, orange waygate leads to orange waygat, and the colourless waygat leads to the p1 starting area.
-The three big squares in the map are potential boss fight areas or cinematic areas. I haven't fully decided yet.

The Map/Terrain: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=dxvev0

-Doodads:
The_Silent
Amigurumi
Yayoi
Kuhneghetz
assassin_lord

-Terraining ideas:
Heinvers
Piwlady

Last edited:
Level 14
I took a look at your terrain. To be honest I was expecting it to be a lot worse. I was pretty impressed. I like your use of glows on the lava they really add to the atmosphere. The rooms are well laid out and it looks like you could have some nice boss fights. I'd say continue with what you are doing.

On a side note I would recommend adding some screenshots to your thread to get people interested enough to take a look.

Level 8
I took a look at your terrain. To be honest I was expecting it to be a lot worse. I was pretty impressed. I like your use of glows on the lava they really add to the atmosphere. The rooms are well laid out and it looks like you could have some nice boss fights. I'd say continue with what you are doing.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my terrain, and thank you for replying. I appreciate the kind words and I will continue what I was doing. Thanks again :)

On a side note I would recommend adding some screenshots to your thread to get people interested enough to take a look.

Point taken. I'll do that next time. I didn't think it was necessary because this isn't a full project that I'm asking people to test, but turns out it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.