1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Terrain Feedback Wanted

Discussion in 'Terrain Board' started by BallisticTerrain, Sep 25, 2012.

1. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    :fp::fp:In want of becoming a better artistic terrainer, I present you my effort for judgement. Any and all constructive criticism is appreciated.
    Updated version in replies.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  2. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    1. Too flat
    2. Needs more tile variations
    3. Too less trees
    4. Why rocks on the castle?
    5. Needs some shrub\grass

Pretty nice for a start, correct the issues that i pointed and it'll become better! Keep working! ;)

3. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thanks, I'll post the updated version when I'm done.

4. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Heres the new version, I'm thinking I should add some buildings behind the wall or something.

[​IMG]

5. Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You really should've begun the terrain with a larger area, from this close the ground tile looks very awful.

6. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Why those trees from the left are some small?
    Also u should add brick in the city\castle area.

7. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Brick?
    Which trees? The furs? The Deciduous?

8. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ooookay, first, scrap those trees, they look very unrealistic, I'd recommend taking a close look at all the threes in UTM and picking the ones that best suit your angle, the glow models on the top just don't fit, I really don't see why they are there. It may look better if you remove the generic skies, add a stormsphere and some clouds, then play around with the tints (including fog tints). Also, If you are going to use a sun you should make it a bit smaller (you could use sun flares instead of glow if you wish). Fix those, and let us see what happens

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  9. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The trees look unrealistic? Those are the highest res trees I could find. The ones in the UTM are waaay lower res. But thanks for the rest of your advice.
    Oh, and glow models are there for a concept I was working on but you're right, they don't fit atm so I'll remove them till later.

10. Maestros

Maestros

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The yellowish trees on the left of the creen are way to small, fatal visual error. xD
    Also may i notice that, my personal opinion, i hate mountains/hills to be too sharp, i mean look at them, its like knives poiting the sky, flaten them a bit with the smoothing tool :p
    also trees dont grow on rocks, you have covered the mountains with rock tile and yet trees sprouted there, which is unrealistic :p

11. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thanks for feedback. I think I'm going to scrap this one and make a new one with all I learned when I have time.

12. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources: