• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Terrain] - "Combine" Two Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello, I am currently working on a 24 player map, I am planning on taking 2 maps that are 256x256 and combining them into one giant map. The first map is of Europe and the second map is of Asia. The problem is that the 2 maps are on a different scale, otherwise I would just copy and paste the terrain.

I am hoping someone can do this for me as I am not the best at terraining real life countries (I am good at creative terraining, but for some reason I can never get my real world terrain to a point I am happy with)

If you are interested in helping me feel free to download the maps attached to this post and give it a shot. If you have any questions before hand let me know.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Asia Test.w3m
    116.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Europe Test.w3x
    185.6 KB · Views: 19
You can't combine both, why?

1. A maximum width that the editor can provide is 480x, if you combine two 256x map then that will be 512x.
2. Copy and pasting a map crashes the editor. The possible reason could be; (a) The 1.31 editor is just buggy as hell (b) The map is way too big to transfer

If you can provide where did you get those two maps it might help, the only way to copy and paste the maps is by using an old version of the editor, the map was already saved in 1.31 therefore it cannot be opened in the older versions. However there could be another problem, if the first map has a different height (higher for example) to the second map, when you paste the first map to the second map, the first map will be higher than the second map (It will result to something like this, this and this).

I don't really recommend the copy paste work. Copy pasting is mostly done only when making a melee map (for inverting/symmetry) but not melding two maps together.

Last edited:
Level 6
Well I guess the copy paste thing isnt gunna work, I was able to copy paste both of them into a bigger size map, but as you said the map heights are different (how can i tell by just looking at them?) plus once you copy paste it makes it really hard to edit any terrain cause its gets funky. Oh and for some reason it wouldnt keep the water. idk why. lol

I guess my request needs to change a little.

I am really looking for a map with a height of 256 and a width of 416+ (but ideally 480)
The map would consist of the countries included in the two maps I provided (basically europe and asia)

The maps are both from priwin he used them for risks, I am going to be making a map similar to rise of china/rome (ill probably give it to the risk community, im sure they would want a bigger risk as well)
I found them on epicwar.com If needed I can provide the links ill just need to find them again :p

I found this tool Terrain 1.0
but the problem I have is that I cant get it to give me any water. even when using a map with a water base.

Status
Not open for further replies.