• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] telling AI to use upgraded heros?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mav

Mav

Level 2
Hi :) .

I'd like to implement sort of a hero-upgrade system (using a different unit as upgraded version, since not everything can be done by regular upgrades) based on the level the hero has.

I already implemented several versions of it... they work pretty fine for me, but as the mod I'm trying to make should be an altered melee, it needs to work for the AI as well - which it doesn't :/ .
No matter if I use a morph spell or anything else of the possibilities WEU gives me, the AI will simply not recognize the upgraded hero and simply sit around idle in its base with its full army, supposedly waiting for the "original" hero to be "revived"... :emote_huh:

I didn't yet look too much into the ai-editor... Might I need to set the "upgraded" heroes there, too?
But there's only place for 4 hero-types to start with... so if I'd put the "upgraded" heroes there, I'd get problems to have the AI use more then one hero at all :/ .

Or can the AI be changed in mid-game? I didn't expect that to work which is why I didn't try it yet... (well, I'll look into it next, I guess)

Could anyone please provide some help for this? Thanks in advance :emote_smile: .

Mav

Mav

Level 2
Oh - the Attack Groups... that might be the main issue actually. I'll have to make the AI switch to new attack groups once the hero's upgraded. Thank you very much :) .

Btw. - what do you mean with "put on the Build" ?? It won't be built, the old one is replaced via a trigger/JASS... I already got 3 or 4 ways for that to work, I'll "just" have to make the AI work with it. For Player-Heroes it already works.

Still I would have to somehow add the upgraded heroes to the ai's hero list (which has only 3 slots and not 4 - somehow got that mixed up above...) for the AI to select more spells while the upgraded hero is advancing in levels and I'm not really happy about that... Yesterday I made a quick implementation for AI-change upon upgrade, but I'll have to test it yet.

Oh, and there's another problem with th AI that I recognized while making that small change yesterday... I can only tell it to use 10 spell-levels, while my heroes are designed for way more levels (and also 5 instead of 4 hero-abilities); but that should (hopefully) be solvable by triggers (levelup ability for unit or such - don't remember the actual name, but as I start my triggers in GUI and only later convert them to JASS for further editing that won't be the problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.