• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] Melee AI without Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
is there a way to make a common war3 AI system that just doesn't use heroes? I've been trying to create one and it doesn't work out. I created a new AI from scratch and set all it's priorities in creating a force and buildings and such, but what I'd like is just to use a basic War3 melee AI that simply doesn't use heroes, but plays normally.

Any help on the subject is greatly appreciated

-Teld

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Simply disable the construction of those heroe types for that player? To do that make it that they can not build them as a unit type by modifying their "tech tree" (or something simlar). You can find this in the same pop up box as the allience properties and force properties.

Level 10
I tried that, but the building of heroes is one of their top priorities, meaning that the computer will not continue to do anything else until they have a hero, Also, I tried removing the priority, however in order to do that I need to make a new AI from scratch, causing the computer to not do any of things they normally would. (meaning it's no longer a melee AI, but a custom AI) This also leads to problems, since a Hero is considered a "general" the unit groups seem to only attack when a hero is with them, since the heroes are never built, the units tend to never attack.

A lot of complications arise when I remove their physical ability to construct heroes or create a new AI from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.