1. Melee Mapping Contest #2 - Poll is up! Vote for the best competitive 1v1 map!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please help test custom maps and more on the latest PTR!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Evolution complete! Make Darwin proud and go vote in the Techtree Contest #12 - Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Icon Contest #17 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Succumb to the whispers and join our Texturing Contest #29 - Old Gods!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results for Texturing Contest #28 are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[General] Teleporting error

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by SSJ7107, Apr 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SSJ7107

SSJ7107

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've created a Scroll of Teleportation item that teleports you to a structure. I added Town Hall classification to all necessary buildings in-game and it worked perfectly for a few days. But this afternoon, when I use the item it just says "A unit could not be teleported" and it halts the ability and puts it on cooldown. What's the problem here?

2. SSJ7107

SSJ7107

Resources:
    Resources:
    please help me

3. david200923

david200923

Resources:
    Resources:
    my guess would be that either the scroll or the building somehow changed classifications and now doesn't have Town Hall classification. check that.

4. SSJ7107

SSJ7107

Resources:
    Resources:
    I added them before creating the item. Yes I have checked and they have that classification.

5. david200923

david200923

Resources:
    Resources:
    Check if the unit's (the ones you are trying to teleport to) "Stats - Is a Building" is False, set it to true if so.

6. SSJ7107

SSJ7107

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have checked and it is true. And I don't think that's the problem because I tried using the original Scroll of Town Portal and it works.

7. david200923

david200923

Resources:
    Resources:
    then i think the custom teleport ability (named "Item Town Portal" by default) you are using got wrong "Stats - Targets Allowed", Adjust it to whatever works for you (or the default: "Structure, Vulnerable, Invulnerable".

If that doesn't work, try giving the default Item Town Portal ability to the custom scroll of teleportation item.

8. SSJ7107

SSJ7107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok sorry I have fixed it myself and thanks for your effrort!:infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up: