1. Icon Contest #17 - Poll is up! Vote for the most legendary icon set!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your favourite retro song at the Music Contest #10 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join us in our custom games night on Saturday, July 28. If you'd like to create a map for the night, check out the map challenge!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The results for Texturing Contest #28 are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Music Contest #10 Retro is out! Join us for some retro/vintage fun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don't be stagnant - embrace change! The time has come to evolve and join the Techtree Contest #12 - Evolution.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. On May 20th a new law about privacy and data processing comes into work in the EU. I am no lawyer and I need help figuring out if we comply and if not, what we must do about it. Please message me if you can provide any assistance. Read more. Ralle
    Dismiss Notice

[General] Teleporting error

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by SSJ7107, Apr 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SSJ7107

SSJ7107

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've created a Scroll of Teleportation item that teleports you to a structure. I added Town Hall classification to all necessary buildings in-game and it worked perfectly for a few days. But this afternoon, when I use the item it just says "A unit could not be teleported" and it halts the ability and puts it on cooldown. What's the problem here?

2. SSJ7107

SSJ7107

Resources:
    Resources:
    please help me

3. david200923

david200923

Resources:
    Resources:
    my guess would be that either the scroll or the building somehow changed classifications and now doesn't have Town Hall classification. check that.

4. SSJ7107

SSJ7107

Resources:
    Resources:
    I added them before creating the item. Yes I have checked and they have that classification.

5. david200923

david200923

Resources:
    Resources:
    Check if the unit's (the ones you are trying to teleport to) "Stats - Is a Building" is False, set it to true if so.

6. SSJ7107

SSJ7107

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have checked and it is true. And I don't think that's the problem because I tried using the original Scroll of Town Portal and it works.

7. david200923

david200923

Resources:
    Resources:
    then i think the custom teleport ability (named "Item Town Portal" by default) you are using got wrong "Stats - Targets Allowed", Adjust it to whatever works for you (or the default: "Structure, Vulnerable, Invulnerable".

If that doesn't work, try giving the default Item Town Portal ability to the custom scroll of teleportation item.

8. SSJ7107

SSJ7107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok sorry I have fixed it myself and thanks for your effrort!:infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up: