• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teleport suggection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1o My suggection about the teleport is to delete the teleport spells and make circle spot every village and from there you can teleport orders village

2o make 1 spell who you choise 1 of the village to track for teleport there and you can change village if you want but every 5 minutes you can change ,, and the teleport spell have 10 sec cast time

sorry about my eng but i hope you undestand what i want to say :p

Level 8
So as I understand it, you want to nerf the teleporting system. Why? What purpose would this serve other than to frustrate players?

The whole reason to having a teleport system at all is convenience. Well, cutting down time spent trudging along a path you've beaten down a thousand times also has something to do with it. If anything, the map would benefit from an increase in mobility in the endgame.

Level 3
i think is better to make the game little hard :p but now you can go fast everywhere .. i believe if it have that nerf about the teleport system the game will be more interesting

Level 8
No this wouldn't make the game harder, just force you into wasting time on menial actions. More walking does not mean more interesting either.

Hero nerfs and Boss buffs make the game harder. More content makes the game more interesting.

Level 1
Teleport in a magical world makes sense.
The only changes i could suggest for teleport is to remove the CD and instead have mana cost and cast time. Lets say that this way its more realistic.
Although cooldown is an alternative to mana cost in a way.

EDIT:
Or to make teleport even cooler. You can make it so that players can teleport anywhere that they have vision. So if for example your friend is at Gargoyle, since u have vision u can teleport there. But this will be another reason why it should be more "costy". So mana cost and cast time do fit.

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
EDIT:
Or to make teleport even cooler. You can make it so that players can teleport anywhere that they have vision. So if for example your friend is at Gargoyle, since u have vision u can teleport there. But this will be another reason why it should be more "costy". So mana cost and cast time do fit.

I think mages could have a talent for that

Level 1
I think mages could have a talent for that

Yeah, could. But since all classes alreay have the ability to teleport i think it wouldnt be such a great of a skill for mage considering the fact that more skills will come in the future dunno which combat skill someone would sucrifice for it.

He said teleport anywhere when u have vision, so I thought he meant blink :p
From his description, I understood it as "teleport anywhere on the map if you have vision". So you could teleport across the entire map, etc...

I was thinking more of a short-range blink to evade boss mechanics or make kiting easier for sorcerers.

Level 1
From his description, I understood it as "teleport anywhere on the map if you have vision". So you could teleport across the entire map, etc...

Yes, thats what i meant. But ofc not *everywhere*. There could be restrictions to dungeons or any other place that it feels too good. But well, since u dont like it, it ends here.

Status
Not open for further replies.