• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tech Tree Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Does anyone know of a program that allows you to outline a tech tree? I used paint for a long time but now its getting too confusing with bigger and bigger tech trees. :goblin_boom:

Level 13
there isn't a program that does it

If you can't care about the pics than
cause a notepad file with this setup works too

Code:
Peasent > Town Hall
            > Barracks
            > Etc.

Town Hall > Keep (Upgrade)
               > Peasent

Barracks > Footmen
             > Riflemen (Forge Reqed)
Forge > Etc. (Upgrade)

Its simple and easy unless you like the images

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There are special programs you can get used for creating flow, block or ER diagrams (as well as many others). I am sure you could use one of those.

You can always try using microsoft word's vector graphics on a huge paper sheet to arrange the tech tree and finally draw in the arrows.

Level 19
From what I know, Blizzard's Tech Tree drawings were custom art, and the lines were specially straight, so it might've looked as if they used a program to do it. I'm sure if you try hard enough, you'll get an awesome looking Tech Tree picture:)

Status
Not open for further replies.