1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

taurenundead.blp

Submitted by Kazzo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Well this is another skin i call it "meat" meat is a fleshy tauren chieftain that like's to be scary :S
i think is mha best work
give credits if you use and enjoy it
Updated:improved a little the totem added more light's and shadows
Updated:changued totem and axe improved the quality of all the skin

Keywords:
flesh,tauren,chieftain,meat
Contents

taurenundead.blp (Texture)

Reviews
20:48, 23rd Jan 2010 CloudWolf: I'll admit, when I first saw this I thought it was a recolour. However, closer inspection revealed a lot of the skin has changed :) The skin looks ok, however, a lot of it is quite blurry and it looks like it could do...
  1. 20:48, 23rd Jan 2010
    CloudWolf: I'll admit, when I first saw this I thought it was a recolour. However, closer inspection revealed a lot of the skin has changed :) The skin looks ok, however, a lot of it is quite blurry and it looks like it could do with some extra detail. The axe also looks a tad strange :S However, the skin also has a lot of good aspects to it :) I like how you have done the flesh. Its nicely defined in most parts, I also quite like the face. Its different and unique :)

However, I feel the skin needs more detail before it can be approved. Perhaps some more definition on his totems? as you can't really see the skull in game :p I would also reccomend re-doing the axe. I'll leave it as pending for the time being, as I'm confident you have the skills to improve it :)

15:58, 24th Jan 2010
    CloudWolf: Aha! The axe looks much better now :) It has a clearly defined blade and it looks half-decent in-game now :p I reckon this skin is definately approvable now. Although, if you have the time, you should try to define the details on the totem better as theyre a tad blurry.

Also, it might be worth saving the file at about 70% quality. You could probably shave 100kb of the filesize, and you won't even notice the difference in-game :)

Other than thatm great job! :D

2. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Pretty nice Kazzo.

3. Soul Theft

Soul Theft

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    looks good

4. Nillere

Nillere

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice 1

5. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks good. But it would be better if you added some more contrast.

6. havard1993

havard1993

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    good good :)

7. VampireofBlood

VampireofBlood

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well it would be better, if the woodenstuff on his back still would look like wood, but overgrown and decayed.
    Like this is looks like it would be part of the Tauren himself.

8. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    lookin' ...interesting.

However, you'd need more... stuff... on the skin..

Honestly, at first, I've mistaken it as a recolor o_O

9. Kazzo

Kazzo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ty all for comments well the totems are trying to be some type of skull impaled in the totem that's why it has red parts

10. PsychoNerdial

PsychoNerdial

Resources:
    Resources:
    The eyes would look better if they were either glowing or hollow.

11. 67chrome

67chrome

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Not sure if bloody is the best way to go for an undead cow, it seems to remind me more of fresh steak than anything else. I'd prefer the rotted/skeletal look, especially for this concept. This minotaur from one of the Castlevania series comes to mind as one of the more successful undead minotaurs I've seen.
    [​IMG]

The hair on the mane could use more improvement, try making the hair in chunks rather than individual strands, every strand of hair shouldn't go in a separate direction, and the hair really should be shaded and have highlights as well.
    The weapon looks rather meh, the blood stains don't seem to look the way they should, and considering the entire axe head is created with a flat plane and alpha channels I'd like to see you get a little more creative with the shape of the weapon. If you don't know how to work with alpha channels yet - check out the tutorials concerning them.

Attached Files:

12. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    lookin' cool now :3

13. The Panda