• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TaurenDruidCat

Tauren Druid Cat Form v1

Presented by AhhFreshWeeD

This is re-upload of my TDC:

• now share 1 texture instead of 2.

• mane animation.

• head it's no longer attached to neck bone.

• head animation.

Still use custom texture, in next re-upload and probably the final will be re-coloring so that the model will be ~166kb like the main source size. If you have any notes or other suggestion post me a message. Any feedback is appreciated =] .

Model used: Dire Wolf, HeroMoonPriestess, TaurenChieftain, Felhound.

Please give me credits if you use this model in your map!

Enjoy =]

Keywords:
Druid, Tauren Druid, Druid Cat Form, Cat,
Contents

TaurenDruidCat (Model)

Reviews
20:42, 18th Nov 2012 -Grendel: its useful i think. i understand why you had to use a custom texture for this. using geoset anims for the panther head will ruin the whole colorscheme.

M

20:42, 18th Nov 2012
-Grendel: its useful i think. i understand why you had to use a custom texture for this. using geoset anims for the panther head will ruin the whole colorscheme.

You imported custom textures that are just recolors of in-game textures...

You can just use geoset animations or material layers to change the colors FFS.

Recolor wolf with recolor huntress mount's head with some horns stuck in. And that's worth an import of 284 kb's? No thanks, I could just rip the huntress mount's head with in-game textures, rip a couple horns and stick those on it, add a colored geoset animation, and attach it to a wolf with his huge values changed in the object editor, and end up with something that looked exactly the same thing, with an import of about 10-15 kb's.

I'm going to have to give this a 1/5. It was a good idea, but you'll have to do more than just rip a head and stick it on a wolf with a recolored skin... You didn't even change any wrap.

Level 21
This would be very nice if someone wanted to make a Tauren Druid for their map and have this form as their cat form. :p

You imported custom textures that are just recolors of in-game textures...

You can just use geoset animations or material layers to change the colors FFS.

Recolor wolf with recolor huntress mount's head with some horns stuck in. And that's worth an import of 284 kb's? No thanks, I could just rip the huntress mount's head with in-game textures, rip a couple horns and stick those on it, add a colored geoset animation, and attach it to a wolf with his huge values changed in the object editor, and end up with something that looked exactly the same thing, with an import of about 10-15 kb's.

I'm going to have to give this a 1/5. It was a good idea, but you'll have to do more than just rip a head and stick it on a wolf with a recolored skin... You didn't even change any wrap.

I'm going to have to agree with Inferno here, although you should be a lill more... civil? ?=/
so with that said.. redo this model right, creator

It looks pretty good, but wow-wise it shouldn't be team colored imo

(thats just me though)

This isn't made for World of Warcraft. It's made for Warcraft 3. Without teamcolor, you won't know whose unit it is.

Anyway, I'll give the creator some instructions:

How to use geoset animations to change the color of a model:

Download [thread=62876]Magos' War3 Model Editor[/thread].

Open your model using that program.

Before you change the colors, you should switch your textures back to the original textures, before you had recolored them. Use Windows => MPQ Browser to find them, and right click + click use as texture to use them. Then go to Windows => Material Manager to change what textures are used. Then go to Windows => Texture Manager to get rid of the old unused textures. Now your wolf should be white, and you'll work to use geoset animations to make him brown, again. Luckily, white is the easiest color to tint.

At the top, go to Windows => Geoset Animation Manager

Right click in the box, click Create New.

Under Misc, Geoset ID, choose one of the geosets that you want to recolor. Check the Use Color box.

Above this, in the topleft corner of this box, click the [...] button next to the white square, and choose what color you want to apply to the geoset.

As a "Geoset Animation" this will only show up on the model while it is animated. To preview your geoset animation color, go to Windows => Animation Controller, and play one of your model's animations. You may have to use geoset animations for multiple geosets.

Level 7
This isn't made for World of Warcraft. It's made for Warcraft 3. Without teamcolor, you won't know whose unit it is.

Anyway, I'll give the creator some instructions:

How to use geoset animations to change the color of a model:

Download [thread=62876]Magos' War3 Model Editor[/thread].

Open your model using that program.

Before you change the colors, you should switch your textures back to the original textures, before you had recolored them. Use Windows => MPQ Browser to find them, and right click + click use as texture to use them. Then go to Windows => Material Manager to change what textures are used. Then go to Windows => Texture Manager to get rid of the old unused textures. Now your wolf should be white, and you'll work to use geoset animations to make him brown, again. Luckily, white is the easiest color to tint.

At the top, go to Windows => Geoset Animation Manager

Right click in the box, click Create New.

Under Misc, Geoset ID, choose one of the geosets that you want to recolor. Check the Use Color box.

Above this, in the topleft corner of this box, click the [...] button next to the white square, and choose what color you want to apply to the geoset.

As a "Geoset Animation" this will only show up on the model while it is animated. To preview your geoset animation color, go to Windows => Animation Controller, and play one of your model's animations. You may have to use geoset animations for multiple geosets.

i'd say then, the teamcolor should be placed elsewhere
maybe only on the horns or maybe only on legs

but i'm no one to say that, i can't even model :ogre_icwydt:

the model itself is pretty good