• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tauren Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
A tauren skin I did. :emote_grin:

Attachments

• !!AATaurenUnwrap.jpg
    !!AATaurenUnwrap.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 227
  • !!AATaurenPic.jpg
    !!AATaurenPic.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 288
  • !!AATauren.blp
    88.6 KB · Views: 85
Level 5
looks good, but also quite cartoonish maybe becouse it lacks shading:emote_sleepy:

what is it going to be anyway? (i'm curious:emote_party: )

hope you have seen this (well you probably have anyway...)

for better shading, i think you just should try and practice a bit.

Level 18
Also due to a severe lack of everything
What is the main theme of the skin?
Tauren raised for the Lich King?
I like the back, but the skin, like the white colored skin, needs work as well as the face

Level 13
Yea, try adding some more shadows around the face and on the arms/chests/legs. Then you might want to add some sort of very light texture to make the skin look ragged and torn in places if its supposed to be a zombified tauren. His skin shouldnt be compleately white either, maybe add a little pale brown and splotches of dark brown or something where all his hair hasnt compleately fallen off. Anyway, just play around with it some more. Looks pretty good so far.

Level 21
Update... And I can't really give a name for what it is... I just... made it :emote_dribble:
It could be a race all in it's own, though

Could a moderator rename this thread "SuPa-'s skins"? Because I want to put more skins into this thread

Attachments

• !!AATaurenPic.jpg
    !!AATaurenPic.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 222
  • !!AATaurenUnwrap.jpg
    !!AATaurenUnwrap.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I like the design, it's looking better. Nice to see someone making a skin completely different for a change.

Level 21
Bah... I couldn't stand the silver, just looked so hideous.
So, instead, I've come up with this, i'm planning on making the empty spot to the mid-left of the shield an eye, the iris being the team color

~edit~
K, put the eye in the shield, I think it came out rather nicely

Attachments

• !!AAABloodelf.jpg
    !!AAABloodelf.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 110
  • !!AAABloodelfSS.jpg
    !!AAABloodelfSS.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Level 2
Ok.
On the spellbreaker.
I am not a fan of harsh black lines as i see many of them in your skin.
The face and mask are way too dark, even black objects are not solid black when light hits them.

I think the skin could use some other colors in the highlights. you have plenty of shade, but no highlights except the poor over saturated green highlights that look extremely unnatural.

The shield:
The edges of the shield look ugly, its too much going on with no defined edge.
granted that point is not always bad.

The eye could use some work some of the pixels seem a bit SHARP yet, I would touch those up and make the conversion from the eye to the shield a tad bit more softer.

The shading on the shield seems VERY cartoony which isn't completely bad, but in most cases modding a game is about enhancing the look and not dumbing your art down to the games level.

Overall it is some decent work for some beginner texturing.

Level 18
Ok Grivus
You need to chill with the gigantic comments
This is Warcraft 3, seriously, if you wanna comment about a game and skins people do for it, go to Unreal Tournament or something
Your taking this crazy serious

Level 2
This is modding, and I am pretty sure this entire post is for crits and comments.
I personally do not think comments like wow thats cool belong here keep them for the gallery and skin download sections.

What makes wc3 modding different than any other games modding?

Status
Not open for further replies.