• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TAS - Highlancer Cup 1.0

The Adiktuz Scrolls Presents

The Highlancer Cup v1.0
Created by Adiktuz

Map Info:

Somewhere in a far away world, young champions fight in a prestigious cup ,which is viewed by a lot of people around the world, where the winner takes all the glory and the losers takes all the shame for the rest of their lives.

Do you want glory? Do you want to test out your skills? Then join the Highlancer cup now. Grab your weapons and utilize everything to defeat all of your enemies. Prove your worth and become one of the legendary Highlancers or live in shame.

"Glory to the winner and shame to the losers!"

TAS: Highlancer Cup Development Thread

Features:

This map is meant to be a simple to play Arena type map and as such does not have really advanced features like FSI, Save system etc.

It was also designed in a way that will hopefully make the player's skill level a major factor in whether he will win or not.

Items/Equipments

6 different weapons, 3 basic, 3 advanced.
5 consumable items
Items are scattered around the map
Random gifts from "sponsors" every few minutes.
Equipment and Attack System

The type of your equipped weapon will determine what your attack will be. Equip bows for long-range mayhem.
Bow weapons need arrows in order to be used.
Gameplay

All players have the same starting character and have roughly the same chances of obtaining weapons and items, so whether you win or not will be determined by how well you play and a bit of luck.

Projectiles are non-homing and thus can be evaded. They will also be destroyed if they hit the ground or doodads.

Some parts of the terrain are meant to be used as hiding places so utilize them to your favor.

Trees and large doodads block sight.

Units does not show health bar and doesn't appear on minimap, making observation skills more relevant.

Losers can have fun in the Hall of shame while waiting for the game to end.

Possible additions in the future

• More items
  • Different game modes
  • Random in-game events or mini-games
  • Additional Hall of Shamer abilities

Screenshots

158769-albums4169-picture57499.jpg

Click here for more screenshots

Uploaded map
Added:
  • NA
Removed:
  • NA
Fixed:
  • NA

Special Thanks to the following persons:
Systems

Bribe
Berb
Magtheridon96
Jesus4Lyf
Models

ikillforeyou
Crimson-Guard
Villager
Born2Modificate
SunChips
eubz
Teaspoon
-Grendel
Apheraz Lucent
There is also an in-game list. If you find yourself not in the list and saw one of your resources in the map, send me a message. And oh, Apheraz was not on the in-game list, I forgot to add and I cannot edit the map at the moment.

Author's notes:

I hope you enjoy this map. I will be waiting for feedbacks, comments and bug reports. :)

For suggestions, please post at the development thread...

Each player starts out in a specific place around the center of the map. After the short introduction, you will be given control of your champion. From there, its up to you to decide what to do in order to win. There are weapons at the center, but rushing there might cause you to be drawn in a bloody fight with the other player's rushing to the center too, so it might be a good idea too to fall back and look somewhere else for weapon and shelter.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
adiktuz, scrolls, hunger, games, mockingjay, arena, human, villager, champion, highlancer, cup, wars
Contents

TAS - Highlancer Cup 1.0 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - Date: 2012/May/16 19:56:13 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall...
thanks for the suggestions... :)

I'm not sure when I'd be able to work on this, but I would most probably focus on adding some individual modes first when I get to work on this... because this is supposed to really be an individual game...

And since HP bars are invisible, heroes does not show on map, I think it is hard to play as a team... I mean, you won't know whose an enemy unless you put your mouse over him... but I would definitely add some team modes in the future, as it will be pretty much exciting I believe... XD...

Level 5
I just played.... and i got stuck because in the corner where there was water covering the island where the dead players go(hall of shame i think) you can jump through the water to the island but not back from where you came...
Suggestions:
-More Slot For Players
-Armor Items
-Game Mods
-Hostile Creeps When A Long Time Has passed
-Rematch Option
-Events
-More Weapons
-More Items
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I have to admit, it was fun but it ended too fast because people who don't know what to die died instantly at the beginning and when you use melee weapons, you can just click them and let the char kill the target unlike using bows, where in you have to click where you want to shoot the arrow, which is not worth the effort because u can just click em with melee weapons and let your char kill them

Level 9
when it deselects ur hero it's really annoying

otherwise it's well done but i think i wont have any fun playing this, the idea is good (even if it has been already done lot of times) but the gameplay is not very addictive, especially melee fights...

Level 1
The idea is cool, it however sucks that you only play 1 round, and if you die as one of the first, you have to wait for a while before game ends..

You should be able to respawn, divide the map into 2 teams, and play to XX kills..