• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] target float ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi i have a Hero im making and I want one of his abilities to make a target enemy float for (X) seconds and some other stuff like slow all enemies in an aoe of the target and add a small blueish vertex coloring to the target unit. but basically what im asking. Is how do you make a unit appear to float and how would i do this..

You can add the ability "Crow Form" and then remove it to allow the unit to have their flying height modified. (essentially making them look like they are floating)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/how-give-unit-ability-fly-201936/

Just use:
  • Animation - Change <YourUnit> flying height to <Flying Height> at <Rate>
Afterward. For example:
  • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Triggering Unit)
  • Unit - Remove Crow From from (Triggering Unit)
  • Animation - Change (Triggering Unit) flying height to 500.00 at 0.00

Status
Not open for further replies.