• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tales Of A Warrior

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: drakexx
This is my first cinematic map.

About a Warrior who travels around the world.

Act 1

Captain James and his squad approaches to a village where he can't see any people.

At the same time Gerbert Longdrink travels to the human lands with his dwarves.

But nobody though about the creatures what try to kill them.

Updated

Keywords:
Warrior, Cinematic,tales of a warrior,chapter 1,seeker
Contents

Tales Of A Warrior (Map)

Reviews
12:41, 16th Oct 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 6
Ok that is what i mean about map:
Terrian-normal,3/5
story-not so much good,3/5
Description-i dont gonna rate right now,i let u improve it [add story,how much is cinematic long etc..]
Leaks: find 1,improve it at the start when gnoll says *sniff* when they camp u will see black screen.]
Ur First cinematic>>upgrade my rate by 1

>>>My rate is,3/5 +rep for motivation improve description and i will improve my rank.

under my signature,there's BB codes use them to nice description.

Level 4
Ok that is what i mean about map:
Terrian-normal,3/5
story-not so much good,3/5
Description-i dont gonna rate right now,i let u improve it [add story,how much is cinematic long etc..]
Leaks: find 1,improve it at the start when gnoll says *sniff* when they camp u will see black screen.]

>>>My rate is,3/5 +rep for motivation improve description and i will improve my rank.

under my signature,there's BB codes use them to nice description.

Drakexx, you are now giving 3's instead of 5's?

Terrain: Horrendous.
Description is horrible.
Bad cinematic quality overall.
Reported for Rejection.

Level 5
Terrain: 2/5

You should have done it better even for the beginner, try to use various doodads.

Story: 2/5

simple and boring, make it longer.

Effects: 1/5

You really need to add nice effects, they help improve the quality.

Overall rating: 1.66

Your description needs to be improved a bit as well, but I don't know what can be added.
Maybe you have to work on terrain and story first then go for description.

Last edited:
Level 16
Don't triple post, double posting is bad enough, this is against the rules. The terrain is too plain, add more different type of tile sets, merge them together, experiment with them, add more doodads, use terrain deformation tools. The description can improve with these BB Codes, you should add more information about the cinematic a bit more.

Level 28
dude dont be so bad on newbies,give them motivation isntead of making them sad

give him time to upgrade description or something
So you're going to help them by giving a higher rating?
I don't see the point in that...

If a map is bad, it's bad.
It does not matter whether the author is an experienced mapper or if it's his first time, we are NOT going to bias anyone here (meaning that you don't need to give higher ratings just because someone's new).

Giving a high rating doesn't help anyone: it makes people think their map is 'okay', while it's obviously not.
Thus you're doing the opposite of your intentions: you're restricting them from getting better (as they think they don't need to improve that much).

From sadness grows strength.
New people also need to learn that nothing is for granted, you can only get good if you spend enough time.
So stop giving biased ratings like this! (And no, I'm not asking you to give 1/5's everywhere you go either, nor do I want anyone to be destructive - which I also dislike).

That is rubbish (see above).

Additionally: DO NOT use color codes like that! It makes text unreadable and makes my eyes sore.