• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taking Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok I decided ill get off my lazy butt and try my hand at making a skin,only problem is I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO MAKE.My requirements for requested skin

1.Can be from any skin
2.Must state what it will be
3.Give a moderate discription of the skin's details
4.Must be able to be done by a beginner(srry but i suk right now)
5.Try not to be rude please
6.If it requires alpha you might have to wait cause im trying to figure out how to alpha in gimp 2

I know that requesting ideas can be at risk because when somebody says their going to take a hand at skinning(or other modds) some really good skinner will come up and say YOU CAN'T JUST MAKE A SKIN.I know that i have Gimp2 and its hard.I know how to upload a skin into gimp2 how to convert, shading and a few other things,but i have no ideas so just state an idea and ill give it a try.Please keep in mind im horrible im doing this for you and for tips.

Level 7
but wheres the fun in copy/pasting it on(plus like I said i don't understand how to do that don't udnerstand how to do a lot of things).Another things as a reader i found that smudge sucks and should only be used by really good skinners.I can give it a try but you didn't really describe it well so it could be random.
EDIT:Ok you gave jsut about no describtion so i looked at ghoul skin and BLANK.Give describtion please.

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I changed it for you, PrinceofIce.

Level 7
Aight thanks im think since pandamanana didn't really describe it ill try medihv but no promises and when i say that i mean NO PROMISES...cause well i suck so ill get on it.Maybe while i work state a few more details for me so i can make it satifying enoguh btw try not to make them hard. ><
EDIT:Been working on it and it looks horrbile...it jsut doesn't look real and probably never will, I just suck :(. Can't get shading correctly or the colors correctly guess the only thing im good at is recolors :( which will never really be realy skins.Keep lookngi at it after changing it and i looks crappy ill never be good at skinnig guees only recolors well thanks guys any suggestions tell me (not putting the skin for my dignity).

Last edited:
Level 7
No describtion at all I have a few little guidlines at the top of the page to show what i need to know.

Sure make a monkey.Well how you want the monkey to look like i mean gosh.Plus I said Im no pro at this.I need something easy to start my skinng off ya know.

Level 2
Hmmmm..... you want somthing easy.....how about....a pirate :)

with a pirate hat a wooden leg and a parrot on his left sholder and a holstered sword
with red/black cloths on, Sounds easy-ish i guess.. well i don't know how to model so i dunno if thats easy or not

Level 35
Okey new ide more easy :)

This ide is much more easy, didnt knew how skilled you was.
The ide is simpel: Change admiral Proudmore into a well looking pirate.
This pics is made in photoshop took me 5min. Of course the start pic was a screenshot of the model. Hope you can use this:
If you want you can also change the motiv / sign on his back. (the sfinx)
And plz notice the beard (hehe^^)

Last edited:
Level 7
hmm red's seems easier ill try it out oh btw its looks like somebody can up to hi mand drew on him lol.Sorry just had to say that ill psot the progress later.EDIT: cna't find him in the viewer can you tell me where you found him.

Last edited:
Level 2
hmm red's seems easier ill try it out oh btw its looks like somebody can up to hi mand drew on him lol.Sorry just had to say that ill psot the progress later.EDIT: cna't find him in the viewer can you tell me where you found him.

If you mean where you find his model file for red's guy its under human--campaign--heros

PS:reds idea is just my idea with more detail i think lol

Level 7
On the viewer there is no other where are you guys looking!
EDIT:nvm found it in magos model editor and exported the skin. Ill be working on it.

Level 35
If you mean where you find his model file for red's guy its under human--campaign--heros

PS:reds idea is just my idea with more detail i think lol

Hmm your right that it is a little like your ide, but two things: I didnt see your post before I postet, and where the hell is there a woodleg and a parrot on my pirate pic??

Level 2
Hmm your right that it is a little like your ide, but two things: I didnt see your post before I postet, and where the hell is there a woodleg and a parrot on my pirate pic??

Lol i was just playing around seeing if he coould add that little stuff....but a pirate is a good skin W/ or W/O the Leg/Parrot

Level 35
Lol i was just playing around seeing if he coould add that little stuff....but a pirate is a good skin W/ or W/O the Leg/Parrot
You right and good pirate skins is needed, but still a woodleg and a parrot is not a little thing, and they would both involve creating a model, and Ice only talks about skinning. But I surely agree with the pirate ;)

Level 2
I'm looking for an Ashton Kutcher skin, preferably based off of the Villager Male or Peasant model. It seems easy to do, just attatching the face, and maybe adding a shirt or something. But if you can get that, that'd be great.

Attachments

• Ashton Kutcher for fusing.jpg
    Ashton Kutcher for fusing.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 149
Level 35
heres a nice request 4 you.
(4 my map)
Could you edit the skin for the Assassin/Brigand to make it look like a Paragon from Guild Wars?
And since this picuture has no shield I would like his shield to look like a gold version of this

You do know that to make it look like Paragon a model is needed, reskining a Assassin wont do it, especially when you want the shield course brigade/asssassin doesnt got that. And A gold version of a gold shield uh?
So ya he maybe can make it as a skin, but wouldny look good, and if he added the shield, it would only be a drawing on the assassins back.

Level 8
... .... the Assassin/Brigand model has a shield. Its large and circular. I would like to take what I said above back because I would like to try my luck at it. I already have the shield half-way done (using the paladin's belt buckle (a lions head) as the base). This will not look exactly like a Paragon of course but I will try my best.

Level 2
I don't know how to make a map and add people in it, and all maps i try to Download say they're no longer on WC3 area, can someone tell me where it is, or which website? :witch_doc_sad: Or tell me if i can edit dota? PLEASE! :confused: How do you make skins of your own?:infl_thumbs_up: :spell_breaker:

Level 35
I don't know how to make a map and add people in it, and all maps i try to Download say they're no longer on WC3 area, can someone tell me where it is, or which website? :witch_doc_sad: Or tell me if i can edit dota? PLEASE! :confused: How do you make skins of your own?:infl_thumbs_up: :spell_breaker:

This could be two things a bot or someone not very smart.
Anyway posted the wrong place and read some turorials bot or human

Status
Not open for further replies.