• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taelan Fordring

Background Story:

After growing up with the Scarlet Crusade for most of his life, Taelan finally realized they were maybe not the nicest people.
On his 7th birthday[3] Taelan received a toy hammer from his father. When he was young, he and his parents would often visit Caer Darrow. Once, Artist Renfray painted a family portrait.
He was over joyed when his father awake from his slumber after his fight with the orc Eitrigg. After Tirion sought out the orc hermit Eitrigg and conversed with him he was convinced the orc knew honor, but his wife Karandra disagreed. The two then got into a fight when Tirion told their son Taelan that not all orcs were bad, and that the good ones were just harder to find. Karandra however was very stuck in the idea that orcs were evil and should all be killed, a very traditional and common view. When Tirion was eventually excommunicated and exiled for attacking Alliance soldiers and refusing to break the promise he made to the orc, Karandra didn't go with him for Taelan's sake. Tirion left him a note. She told their son that Tirion had died, and took him to a false grave at the Undercroft, where Taelan buried the toy warhammer his father had given him, and the memory of this father, forever.
Fifteen years later, Taelan had become a paladin and during this time frame was noted to have become good friends with Arden.He knew about his father's trial.
When the Scourge swept through Lordaeron he offered the rest of the Silver Hand's paladins shelter in Hearthglen and then joined the Scarlet Crusade to help fight back the undead, one of the target being Stratholme. Blind to the atrocities committed by the Crusade, Taelan rose through their ranks under the tutelage of Saidan Dathrohan.
At some point, he fought in Northdale against the Scourge. It was there that he renounced the Order of the Silver Hand.
When Renault Mograine was killed, Taelan was appointed Commander at the Scarlet Monastery in his place.
Taelan later became Highlord and returned to Hearthglen.
Eventually, with the help of adventurers sent by his father, Taelan recognized the corruption that had befallen the Scarlet Crusade and defected. While escaping from Hearthglen, however, he was killed by Grand Inquisitor Isillien for his betrayal. Tirion Fordring was waiting nearby for his son and saw him cut down and, overcome with loss and outrage, avenged Taelan's death by killing Isillien. Grieving over his son's body, Tirion resolved to reform the Silver Hand to once more be a force of good in the world.
“This is not what we stood for!”

268638-927b84f63300613ce484d9cd2cd9f392.png

Reference:

268636-373470402a1f2932b4f25eac668ed823.jpg
268637-be6ef3a1f669e2b5b1de590a4746f496.jpg

[HearthStone: Heroes of Warcraft]
Thank Commedia for your help.
Lordaeron Skin→https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/taelan-fordring-lordaeron.351266/(by Footman16)
Assets Icon→(by Aleeia)

Update:
2023.11.26:
Add Stand - 3,Spell Slam,Attack Slam,Attack Walk Stand Spin Animation.
2023.11.27:
Add sound "HeroPaladinAttack2" to Attack Slam

Keywords: Lordaeron, Taelan, Tirion, Fordring, Scarlet Crusade, Hearthglen, Paladin
Contents

Taelan Fordring (Model)

Taelan Fordring_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A fine model edit with an adjusted skin. The model is nicely optimized.
Level 3
This is a good and beautiful model, but the first art does not apply to Taelan Fordring or even to Renault Mograine, but to the little-known Michael Goodchilde from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game. I just noticed that this art is often used as references to Renault, that's all. And so the model is very beautiful :thumbs_up:

Wow, that texture work is great! Is that all freehand? Genuinely matches the vanilla game style just about perfectly while still being high quality enough that I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't a Classic WoW port, haha. Very well done!
Thank you. It's not fully freehand. I draw it based on some classic wc3 textures.

Good Wc3-styled reclassic work you've done on him and also a good character you chose to do. Love the graphic work you did on his armor and two-handed sword which are referred from WOW, good details restoration based on concept art. And the style transition of his face part looks great either. Well done well done.

Thank you.It's too handsome. Well done. :infl_thumbs_up:
Your icon is really cool. I'm curious why you rarely upload your icons to your Resources. Perhaps more people will discover your work in this way.
Mustang's work is really cool and has added some really good looking icons to various resources. However they are produced via AI.

Level 31
Mustang's work is really cool and has added some really good looking icons to various resources. However they are produced via AI.
It is true, i use the ai to mold and refine the raw elements based on the model, but i do aswell edit the icons quite a lot after ,editing in photoshop by adding shading, blurness, refining elements etc.

Just stating this because i shared some icons on discord before and i don't want people to think that this is just some sort of an easy one click ai icon generation.

Last edited:
It is true, i use the ai to mold and refine the raw elements based on the model, but i do aswell edit the icons quite a lot after ,editing in photoshop by adding shading, blurness, refining elements etc.

Just stating this because i shared some icons on discord before and i don't want people to think that this is just some sort of an easy one click ai icon generation.
Oh for sure you definitely put a lot of effort in :)

For the benefit of anyone else reading this thread icons made using AI are not allowed in case you are wondering why Mustang's work isn't there.

Level 31
Oh for sure you definitely put a lot of effort in :)

For the benefit of anyone else reading this thread icons made using AI are not allowed in case you are wondering why Mustang's work isn't there.
I actually spoke to Rale about such icons , and he allowed me to upload them in icons resources by the same rules which applies to a icon from a screenshot.

Last edited:
All new animations are just gorgeous, especially Attack Slam. Although, I think you forgot to add sound to it, like "HeroPaladinAttack2" or "CriticalStrike". It's weird hearing continuous sword swinging interrupted with complete silence.
OK. Thank you for your feedback.I will fix it soon.

Level 4
I like the model so much that I'm seriously considering replacing the Aragorn character in my map with this model. I'll have to change it when there's another update regarding sound feedback.

Level 31
I got some bad news it failed sorry
Most models use custom pathing for textures, under the main post on this page there is a "How to Import this model" button - use it , it will help you understand why it's not working in your case.
Also save the map after you have imported the model and changed it paths.
Screenshot_106.png