• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sword of Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sword of Destiny - Please give feedback!

I'm making a two handed sword now, which is called "Sword of Destiny," I know... It's kind of a nooby name, but it'll work fine, anyone who choose to use it in their map can change the item name or other things that'll be using it, so that's no big issue... I think it looks a little too short, am I right?
I really want some feedback and suggestions on this one, so please post some suggestions or criticism! :infl_thumbs_up:
Name:Sword of Destiny
Type of weapon:Bastard/Long Sword.
Profiency:One-Handed.
Polys:820.
I know this model as way to many polys, but it's useable, will just be a little large filesize. I'll make sure it works, though :p
Personally, I think the skin sux, so I'll attach the .TGA, so if you want, feel free to edit it or redo it and post it in this thread! :D
Frankie11 has made an awsome skin for it, just look in the posts below.

13.10.07:Added some rendered pictures of the sword.
14.10.07:Added some gems on the blocker and removed the smoothing on the blade.
16.10.07:Finished the unwrap and added a picture of it.
08.11.07:I finished the model, skinned it and I'm done with everything(almost...)!
09.11.07:Modified the size of the model, since it was like 4 times too big for Wc3... :S
10.11.07:Frankie11 has made an awsome skin for it! Just look in the posts below.
10.11.07:I've added some green particles emitting from the blade, which I thought looked good.
10.11.07:You can find the finished resource here

Attachments

• SoDClay.jpg
    SoDClay.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 286
  • SoDClayWireframe.jpg
    SoDClayWireframe.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 302
  • SoDUnwrap.jpg
    SoDUnwrap.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 257
  • SoDSkinned.jpg
    SoDSkinned.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 235
  • SwordofDestinySkin.jpg
    SwordofDestinySkin.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 251
  • SwordofDestinySkin.blp
    136.2 KB · Views: 84
  • SwordofDestinySkin.tga
    256 KB · Views: 104
  • SwordofDestiny.MDX
    26.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Level 9
I'll skin it for you... I'm not the GREATEST but at least I'll make some progress
EDIT: Finished your skin. I hope you like it... I put in my concept of what a Sword of Destiny would look like :O) Maybe add some gren particles on the runes to make it look awesome.

Attachments

• SwordofDestinySkin.tga
    256 KB · Views: 85
  • SwordofDestinySkin.blp
    51.9 KB · Views: 81
  • SwordofDestinySkin copy.jpg
    SwordofDestinySkin copy.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.