• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Swamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Uhh yeah hey can anyone showcase a swamp terrain or post a tutorial on how to make a swamp cuz im good at triggering but i stink at terraining lol

Here, Ill help you verbally... add fog and make it really dense green-white fog... change the lighting to dark and use the moonlight weather (Unless you want it to rain) also, use the Northerend trees because they look like dieing swamp trees. Also make the ground shallow water and edit in the map options the make the water dark green then change the hight to make small islands. Use Felwood tile sets for the ground. Don't forget to rep me if this helps. :p

Level 25
When I made my Gren'Del swamp, I went a little over the top

grendel3.jpg

Felwood tileset with purple fog mainly, with medium level water. If you can find any sort of wooden bridge doodad, abuse

I also use the grass a lot, because it looks something

Best colour for fog is a sort of tannish green I've found. Also, if you can find the swamptree model that is lurking around, use it. Its brilliant, much moreso than the Northrend one. Only problem is that it might not be around any more, so I'd look at Warcraft 3 Campaigns for it

Status
Not open for further replies.