• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Surface Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have tried to do this but it is waaaay out of my league.
Have a small map with a checkerboard of land and sea (maybe even blight) and where each surface corresponds to a race/hero. There are teams that are assigned a surface and therefore a race/hero and they battle it out. The idea was initially that each hero only had a hookshot/meat hook style ability and units are slowed/weaker when not on their terrain. This means that the idea is to stay on your terrain while getting others to come onto your terrain.
Make sense?

Level 12
I have tried to do this but it is waaaay out of my league.
Have a small map with a checkerboard of land and sea (maybe even blight) and where each surface corresponds to a race/hero. There are teams that are assigned a surface and therefore a race/hero and they battle it out. The idea was initially that each hero only had a hookshot/meat hook style ability and units are slowed/weaker when not on their terrain. This means that the idea is to stay on your terrain while getting others to come onto your terrain.
Make sense?

Doesn't sound too hard

whats the objective? Elimination?

Level 4
I guess it could be elimination (sudden death, meaning no respawns) and then have rounds or it. Another way could be to have a certain number of respawns per person or maybe just like pudge wars where you always come back but there is a kill limit. Take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.