• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City / BlizzCon 2013 Tickets & Starcraft II Patch 2.0.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
w3n.gif
New Hosted Project
Sunken City
w3n.gif
Forums
Download
Project Overview
178091-albums5176-picture68126.png

Sunken City is a 3-player Dungeon Crawler/RPG.
↬ Puzzles
↬ Quests
↬ Customized Heroes
↬ Hundreds of Items
↬ Challenging Bosses
↬ Traps & Different Difficulties

178091-albums5176-picture68130.jpg
178091-albums5176-picture68129.jpg
178091-albums5176-picture68131.jpg

Replayability
Cooperative Gameplay

178091-albums5176-picture66830.png

BlizzCon 2013 & Starcraft II Patch 2.0.7

Ѻ BlizzCon 2013 Tickets Sale - April 25/27

BlizzCon enthusiasts will be able to purchase their ticket for the gaming convention on 2 days: Thursday, April 25 at 04:00 CEST & Saturday, April 27 at 19:00 CEST
If you can't make it, you'll also be able to purchase livestream access with multiple cameras and other features! Details on virtual tickets will be revealed later.
For the ticker prices and info on the benefit dinner, check out this page.

Ѻ Starcraft II - Patch 2.0.7

A small patch has been released for Starcraft II containing mostly bug fixes, along with an editor update:
  • Maps can now update Battle.net dependencies even if objects from those dependencies are currently in use.
  • Full patch notes!

Level 37
Always nice to have new hosted projects. Brings more activity to the site and gives a sign Warcraft III mapping isn't definitely dead.

I just don't like the news are put together. I mean a new Starcraft 2 patch and hosted project doesn't have anything in common. Also the hosted project text is poor.

Good luck!

Level 37
Well I don't know if author of Sunken City was lazy or not to write his own description. With my case I wrote a text about my project and Vengeancekael just made a very short explanation what was the project about and put the text with Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm. Maybe this is just the way to do things on this site. Still this feels a bit wrong that even the Starcraft 2 news came first before a new hosted project. We all know that this is more focused on Warcraft III and about us than Starcraft II.

I don't hold grudge, but I feel like things are not done as they should be. I think we should have separate topics, not abominations of totally different topics.

Compare these two texts:

» New Hosted Project「The Chosen Ones

Author: Aeroblyctos

178091-albums5176-picture66829.png

'The Chosen Ones' is a massive single-player RPG (campaign) that offers you dozens of hours of gameplay. It has been heavily developing for the past 5 years and is now finally coming to a conclusion!
Featuring a deep storyline, detailed cutscenes and advanced gameplay with puzzles, etc. it should have something for everyone to enjoy!
The latest major patch, 1.9, has been released today, containing an all new chapter!

178091-albums5176-picture66828.png

» Multiple chapters
» Fun combat
» Lots of cutscenes/cinematics
» Puzzles
» Well thought-out plot

120ht2h.jpg

After years of being one of the most discussed projects on Hive, The Chosen Ones campaign has finally been publishes as next Hive's Hosted project! We're proud that this huge project does stand now with the other great Hosted Projects and to give motivation to other map makers to raise their projects to new levels.

The campaign has also been updated to the long waited 1.9 version. The story continues forward as the Dragon Slayers are approach their prey, Xvareon. For many crippling questions are answered in this thrilling second last chapter. What is Fradz's true intentions? What part does Talloon, Zhitenxa and Yurgimar play? What about the Death Knights? And who is this new face Axobada who's said to be the strong being on Oelivert?

xc6uyp.jpg

The Chosen Ones ia a massive single-player RPG that offers you for many dozens of hours to explore. For the past 5 years it has been on heavy progress and finally it's coming to conclusion.

The story tells about three Dragon Slayers who are for forced to journey together and face countless challenges. Join with them and experience an epic journey that will leave an everlasting trace to your gaming history.

243p3yw.jpg

• 10 chapters, 9 interludes, a prologue and an epilogue
  • Over 30 hours of gameplay
  • Dozens of unique systems
  • Beautiful cut-scenes with over 100 cinematics
  • 33 different kind of strategic boss battles and hundreds of mini-bosses
  • Scripted hero abilities and spell book spells
  • Dazzling effects everywhere you travel
  • Significant amount of main and optional quests
  • Over 500 custom items
  • Complicated optional puzzles that needs brains to solve
  • Own unique music themes
  • Over 1500 imported materials
  • Hundreds of secret treasures
  • Official website where you can share your experience to others
  • And most of all, an exceptional story set in massive world of Oelivert

In other words I didn't had a word what was put to the news.

(the English sucks and is not polished in the original text but it was just quote from a 'demo text')

The other strange thing is that people don't comment much about the news. I wonder why and what should be done to fix this. I mean especially Vengeancekael has put a great effort for these news.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Well I don't know if author of Sunken City was lazy or not to write his own description. With my case I wrote a text about my project and Vengeancekael just made a very short explanation what was the project about and put the text with Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm. Maybe this is just the way to do things on this site. Still this feels a bit wrong that even the Starcraft 2 news came first before a new hosted project. We all know that this is more focused on Warcraft III and about us than Starcraft II.

I don't hold grudge, but I feel like things are not done as they should be. I think we should have separate topics, not abominations of totally different topics.

Compare these two texts:

» New Hosted Project「The Chosen Ones

Author: Aeroblyctos

178091-albums5176-picture66829.png

'The Chosen Ones' is a massive single-player RPG (campaign) that offers you dozens of hours of gameplay. It has been heavily developing for the past 5 years and is now finally coming to a conclusion!
Featuring a deep storyline, detailed cutscenes and advanced gameplay with puzzles, etc. it should have something for everyone to enjoy!
The latest major patch, 1.9, has been released today, containing an all new chapter!

178091-albums5176-picture66828.png

» Multiple chapters
» Fun combat
» Lots of cutscenes/cinematics
» Puzzles
» Well thought-out plot

120ht2h.jpg

After years of being one of the most discussed projects on Hive, The Chosen Ones campaign has finally been publishes as next Hive's Hosted project! We're proud that this huge project does stand now with the other great Hosted Projects and to give motivation to other map makers to raise their projects to new levels.

The campaign has also been updated to the long waited 1.9 version. The story continues forward as the Dragon Slayers are approach their prey, Xvareon. For many crippling questions are answered in this thrilling second last chapter. What is Fradz's true intentions? What part does Talloon, Zhitenxa and Yurgimar play? What about the Death Knights? And who is this new face Axobada who's said to be the strong being on Oelivert?

xc6uyp.jpg

The Chosen Ones ia a massive single-player RPG that offers you for many dozens of hours to explore. For the past 5 years it has been on heavy progress and finally it's coming to conclusion.

The story tells about three Dragon Slayers who are for forced to journey together and face countless challenges. Join with them and experience an epic journey that will leave an everlasting trace to your gaming history.

243p3yw.jpg

• 10 chapters, 9 interludes, a prologue and an epilogue
  • Over 30 hours of gameplay
  • Dozens of unique systems
  • Beautiful cut-scenes with over 100 cinematics
  • 33 different kind of strategic boss battles and hundreds of mini-bosses
  • Scripted hero abilities and spell book spells
  • Dazzling effects everywhere you travel
  • Significant amount of main and optional quests
  • Over 500 custom items
  • Complicated optional puzzles that needs brains to solve
  • Own unique music themes
  • Over 1500 imported materials
  • Hundreds of secret treasures
  • Official website where you can share your experience to others
  • And most of all, an exceptional story set in massive world of Oelivert

(the English sucks and is not polished in the original text but it was just quote from a 'demo text')

The other strange thing is that people don't comment much about the news. I wonder why and what should be done to fix this. I mean especially Vengeancekael has put a great effort for these news.

I am pretty sure Linaze didn't refer to me as "the author" in his sentence,

Linaze said:
I doubt it's that much harder for the author to make two separate news posts.

as I am not the one who can separate news posts.

What do you mean if I am lazy to write my own description? Here is the Project Page. I am pretty sure I see the description there.

And does it matter if the StarCraft post is above a Hosted Project or below it? Give Kael a break, really. He puts so much effort in keeping the site fresh and good looking and now it's a big deal that he placed a Starcraft post above/below a Hosted Project.... Seriously?

Sometimes I feel like people just look for a reason to complain...

SpasMaster

Level 23
All of the latest 3 Hosted Projects (Oasis and Desert, The Chosen Ones, Sunken City) got their announcements in the news merged with another topic.

Here is link for Oasis and Desert announcement: Link

Wether a separate post should be made is up to the moderators and I believe the place to suggest that would be Site Discussion Forum or Private Messages.

However, I'd personally never bother Kael with a such a visual issue. I am thankful that he takes of his time to make these news.

I just don't like the news are put together. I mean a new Starcraft 2 patch and hosted project doesn't have anything in common.
The SC2 news is minor and would not require its own separate post.
It's not only more structured, but also lets you spread out news more, giving each some time to shine.
Doubt the SC2 patch news would require that much attention, it's just for those who really are interested in small changes and if they don't already check the battle.net websites.

Still this feels a bit wrong that even the Starcraft 2 news came first before a new hosted project. We all know that this is more focused on Warcraft III and about us than Starcraft II.
Yes, it was a mistake to put the hosted project below, though no, we're not "more" focused on wc3, we're trying to branch off from that and give SC2 some attention as well.

Your version has too much text, the links would never be looked at and the whole thing just looks bland and dead. There's only some headers and long brown colored text.

Yes, that's the main problem we've been having for a year now and I'm doing everything I can to attract more people to the news posts so that they comment and give them some attention.
I do not want to present new hosted projects etc. in full detail on the front page of the hive, which is looked at by non frequent/new visitors. It simply showcases the map in general and the project team's job is to present the project in full detail on its official HP page/forums.

Finally, I really don't get what's the big with having 2 different topics put into one post. :p You can read the topic you like and go on, and if you want, post a comment about it. Right now, it doesn't matter if comments about 2 different topics will cross each other and be confusing, because there is a lack of comments in general.

I'm not at all bothered by your complaints and am happy that at least some are voicing their opinion.
I'm constantly changing the news layout to make it more readable and to attract more users, but it's going rather slowly.

Vunjo

Level 14
Yes, that's the main problem we've been having for a year now and I'm doing everything I can to attract more people to the news posts so that they comment and give them some attention.

I have to admit that I myself never visited news page clearly to "see the news" before. Perhaps the positioning isn't so bright? It's rather below and not always on people's first thought when we enter the site.

I don't find any real point in commenting these >news posts<.
I mean, they are /news/...
What exactly is the point of "attracting" people to reply to them?
Theoretically, they have the potential to feature interesting material, deserving of in-depth discussions (just like actual newspapers), but as far as I could see, that wasn't really the case so far.
Unless you mean replies such as "Good work", "It finally became a Hosted Project!" etc.

I personally would have wrapped the SC2 news in
tags.
As Kael said, they are too insignificant to deserve to be posted separately, but the layout (banner + more text than the actual HP) distracts from the HP.

Level 24
As Kael said, they are too insignificant to deserve to be posted separately, but the layout (banner + more text than the actual HP) distracts from the HP.
What defines a news item's significance?

Anyway; I for one am strongly in favor of a larger quantity of news posts versus fewer posts with several news crammed together. Simply because that gives me fresh news more often than the other way around.

What defines a news item's significance?

Anyway; I for one am strongly in favor of a larger quantity of news posts versus fewer posts with several news crammed together. Simply because that gives me fresh news more often than the other way around.
Case specific, obviously. In this case, having a new Hosted Project supersedes a patch for SC2.
Blizzcon is as important as the Hosted Project, yet on different accounts (general news / site and community news).
So basically, this could have been separated in two posts, one representing the HP, the other announcing ticket sales + SC2 patch.

Note the emphasis on "could".

Quality and quantity don't have to exclude each other. It's pretty much up to Kael whether he wants to publish news as a set or as separate posts.
The important part is that they are published as soon as possible (otherwise, they ain't news).

Level 24
Case specific, obviously. In this case, having a new Hosted Project supersedes a patch for SC2.
Yes, sure. But this had nothing to do with my question, you said the significance determinted the (lack of) need for two separate news posts, not whether one news supersedes another.

Anyway, do what you want. I won't waste my words preaching to a crowd of non-believers, so to speak.

Congratulations on hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.