• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Summoning bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hello all.plz help me to fix a bug in summoning units.for undeads,if you try to summoning units and all of your corner(right,dwn,up and left) is close,you will move to nearest free place.and it can bee a bug in games like farmer vs hunters.
plz help me how to fix it. :cgrin:

Level 8
I think he's trying to say that when you summon a unit in an area that has no space, the game will try to find the nearest free space which can cause problems if the summon ends up stuck, for instance, on a cliff.

Is that it?

Level 20
I think it is not a bug, configure the area of effect of the summoning ability so that it will not glitch to a facing path.

Anyway it is invalid to summon a unit to unpathable area that's why it will be placed in a clear path.

Level 2
if you play farmer vs hunter 3.5,you will found out if you summon building in that way there were no way to farmer go(left,right,up,dwn) he will send to nearest same flour and hunter cant go there,but in other version like 8.0,if you try to do this,game will say (Null) and order to farmer dont build that.and in this way,farmer cant go where hunter cant. (sorry for terriful english) :vw_sad:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I think what he is trying to say is that when summoning a building the summoning unit is displaced to the nearest free location because it finds itself embedded inside the non-pathable building it just summoned. Since the game does not make much distinction between cliffs and non-pathable buildings it displaces him up a cliff where he has an unfair advantage in the map.

One solution would be to fill the top of cliffs and other pathing islands with npn-pathable pathing. This means that units cannot be displaced up there because there is no free room at the top for them. If it fails to find an area to displace the unit, the unit will become stuck where it was, which might be better than it going to where it should not be.

Another solution would be to enable builders to walk through builldings and hence not be able to be displaced by them. Thigh might be possible by using different pathing layers, such as water. Honestly I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.