• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Suggestion to keep the Arena "Clean".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I've noticed that such a huge ammount of replies in the Arena contests are pure spam.
"Nice one." "Good luck." "I might join this."
All pure SPAM.

People want to see WIPs! No stupid texts.

So here'z the point:

You're able to communicate to other people in a Contest, from the Arena, by placing WIPs in your reply. So you're forced to place WIPs if you wanna talk to someone. Talk or ask other things on VMs or PMs, but not in the contest itself.

So a good example:
"I join this, and here is my first wip [wip#1]" "Nice one, I'm making progress too! [wip#1337]".

This keeps the Arena clean.
Sure you can talk in the Submission Forum without any wips, it's even impossible to talk with WIPs attached to it, else you break the rules and work before the contest started. That's the point of the Submission Forum, to talk about how the contest should look like and if there are any improvements possible.

So, do you support this or not?

Do not leave any unserious posts please, this is a serious suggestion.

Level 13
Heh, I wasn't really plannin' to do such thing.
I have a normal (busy) life too, I don't have that time to check the contests every hour/day...
The admins would get a 'lil pissed about all those reports too, I guess.
Or someone should suddenly become the Arena Mod.
Then it's his task to keep it clean.

I would like to do this, but I guess many other users think the same about it.

Level 13
Hmh, you gotta point there.
Maybe a Submission/WIP Thread and a Discussion Thread 'bout one contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.