• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Succubus (Reforged)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
I thought I saw some guy ask for a port of the Reforged succubus in one of the other threads.

Tonight I was testing the bake/export script a little bit in Retera Model Studio and so I tried exporting the Succubus in my latest pipeline.
I'm hoping for fully autonomous conversion from HD to SD, but a couple of the button clicks at the end of the automated conversion were manual. I should probably fix that. Was kind of just reviewing the state of the art of Retera Model Studio baking to SD or whatever.
Contents

Succubus (Reforged) (Model)

Succubus (Reforged) Portrait (Model)

the wings are bad, they are not torn

in any case it should look like this
my goal was to have a computer program that spits out this model upload at the touch of a button. For example, the Team Color wings in my upload are computer generated. But like you pointed out, my converter cant distinguish TC alpha and transparency alpha yet.

Do you know if the trimming you did on the wings could be automated? Did you simply drag the UVs?
I was thinking that my triangle detector which checks each triangle for teamcolor and spits it to another geoset if it had TC could maybe try to find triangles that are mostly alpha more than TC, and split the wings so that the frills on the end are all transparency alpha and then the team color starts further up. But it might introduce a geometric line where Reforged's shader is capable of a tattered TC colored surface because it has two channels (TC and transparency) for all fragments

(the photo is not from warcraft 3 reforged, it is 1.27b)
Not sure if you care but for my screenshot on this upload I was using Patch 1.22 so that is like even older than what you are using probably. What technique are you using to doctor the textures? Is that like some manual labor or is it more of an automated process like what I am going for? (Are you just loading the diffuse color? My baking script loads diffuse, normal, and ORM and then tries to integrate them by baking against a static light using a software only version of the same logic that was in the Retera Model Studio HD render shader, although I think the software version has some bugs)

my goal was to have a computer program that spits out this model upload at the touch of a button. For example, the Team Color wings in my upload are computer generated. But like you pointed out, my converter cant distinguish TC alpha and transparency alpha yet.

Do you know if the trimming you did on the wings could be automated? Did you simply drag the UVs?
I was thinking that my triangle detector which checks each triangle for teamcolor and spits it to another geoset if it had TC could maybe try to find triangles that are mostly alpha more than TC, and split the wings so that the frills on the end are all transparency alpha and then the team color starts further up. But it might introduce a geometric line where Reforged's shader is capable of a tattered TC colored surface because it has two channels (TC and transparency) for all fragments

Not sure if you care but for my screenshot on this upload I was using Patch 1.22 so that is like even older than what you are using probably. What technique are you using to doctor the textures? Is that like some manual labor or is it more of an automated process like what I am going for? (Are you just loading the diffuse color? My baking script loads diffuse, normal, and ORM and then tries to integrate them by baking against a static light using a software only version of the same logic that was in the Retera Model Studio HD render shader, although I think the software version has some bugs)
I said the photo to imply that it is not warcraft 3 reforged haha, what I do with the models is move and (if necessary) create new vertices to place the UV map from Mdl vis and thus manually fix these problems

Who says they should be torn? Maybe this particular creature did not get hurt in battle or is not decaying undead?
easy, in reforged the wings are broken and as you can see in the photo of the model if it has broken parts but they are covered by the tc since it is applied in places where it shouldn't

It is the most common error in the reforged models for classic XD and I fixed them thousands of times

@darkravenbest Sure, man. The point of this was to test the automation so that I could run it on the entire game. here's a clip from patch 1.29.2 old version:

But we'll see. These were just some tests of the automation. Maybe that's getting off-topic.

(Most of the code used to make this model is available instantly for any model inside the "Scripts" menu of Retera Model Studio's latest version.)

Level 8
@darkravenbest Sure, man. The point of this was to test the automation so that I could run it on the entire game. here's a clip from patch 1.29.2 old version:

View attachment 414970

But we'll see. These were just some tests of the automation. Maybe that's getting off-topic.

(Most of the code used to make this model is available instantly for any model inside the "Scripts" menu of Retera Model Studio's latest version.)
Thats really good news, some models in reforged is very good, and i would like to use them in classic pre-reforged war3.