• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Succorbenoth

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
Succorbenoth

Model by: Dan van Ohllus (aka Kuhneghetz)

92087d1288821326-mini-modeling-contest-4-towers-succorbenothscreenie.jpg

Descriptions:
This model was created for Mini-Modeling Contest #4 which follows the theme towers.
The demon is attached to the tower and will attack nearby victims as soon as they get too close. It attacks by creating a glowing ball that will shoot deadly projectiles when it bursts.
Since the demon itself is linked to ''bone_turret'', it will rotate towards a target unit when in combat mode.

The name Succorbenoth was taken from a mythologic demon, who's described as a ''chief eunuch, sexless, demon of gates''.

Model descriptions:
Mesh is made from scratch via 3DS Max 2010, but the hands are taken from the Tree of Life model.
The animations on the demon were heavily modified from the unused animations on the Tree of Life portrait model.
An external portrait model is included that uses Archimonde portrait animations.
No custom textures are used.
The particle effects look best when viewed ingame (or in World Editor).

YOU MUST GIVE ME CREDITS IF YOU USE THES MODELS IN YOUR MAP!!!
Feel free to edit this model for your projects as long as you credit me for the model you based it from.

MDX files can have any path, though the portrait model must be in the same
path as the main model.

Enjoy! ;)

Recommended Object Editor settings (Visuals):
Art - Ground Textures = Spirit Tower, Nerubian Tower, Ziggurat, Nerubian Ziggurat
Sound - Construction = UndeadBuildingConstructionLoop

Recommended Object Editor settings (Combat):
Art - Projectile Launch - Z = 330.00 (or somewhere at that number)
Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Backswing Point = 0.700
Combat - Attack 1 - Animation Damage Point = 0.700

The combat settings may not be perfect, but that's as much as I can do to avoid awkwardness when launching projectiles. If you know a more professional method, let us know.

Keywords:
succorbenoth, demon, tower, building, devil, beast, monster, satan, lucifer, belial, asmodeus, hell, limbo, guardian, guard, keeper, boss, evil
Contents

Succorbenoth (Model)

Succorbenoth (Model)

Reviews
20:08, 11th Nov 2010 General Frank: Model works in-game and performs very well. The animations and the mesh are very good.

M

20:08, 11th Nov 2010
General Frank:

Model works in-game and performs very well. The animations and the mesh are very good.

Level 21
Diablo has invaded the Warcraft Universe.
Soon all the races will die out and only chosen heroes will destroy the beast of hell.

I just want to inform that your model is being used in Power of Corruption (http://poc.it.cx) version 2.2d and credits have been properly added.

I did a very small modification inside my map just to make it fit with the model size, not a big deal to worry about IMO.

BTW, very nice model.

Nice and thank you very much, moyackx.