• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sub-races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Guys, I wanted to ask you about races. We didn't got any new races. Personally I think it's smart move because it's already hard to keep up all the races lore without giving one race to much light, while other casting aside.
However I would love to see subraces. Races that are exactly what they are saying Sub-speacies, or race that is so linked to the other race that it would feet so well. I think subraces should be ONLY the one who already exist and have established lore. Here is what I think would be good

Humans- High Elves (with new, yet similar elven model. No Blood Elf or Night Elf copy)
Dwarf- Dark Iron or Frosthborne
Gnomes-Leper Gnomes
Night Elf- None
Drainai- Broken
Worgen- Night Elf worgen (could have different Worgen model)
Pandaren- None
Orc- Mag'har or Mok'Nathal
Troll- Forest Trolls (Revantusk tribe) or Zandalari (Trolls forming around Darkspear like Orcs did, around Thrall)
Tauren- Taunka
Forsaken- Undead Elves (new and original model. No Night Elf, or Blood Elf copy). If not Leper Gnomes (they are part of Grand Apothrecy society) if not as Gnomes subspecies
Blood Elves- High Elves if not Human subspecies, altough I doubt it.
Goblins- None

As you can see there are 2 problems. First is there are no Subspecies for everyone. Second one is that some subspecies and class combination don't feet well like Broken priest or High Elf warlock, but it can be easily avoided by using new mechanic sub-species.

What do you think? Is this unrealistic stupid teory or something that should really exist.

Last edited:
Level 24
Leaper Gnome feels more like it would be an undead sub-specie, I would say mecha-gnomes would be a more suiting sub-specie. As for Night Elves I would say Furbolgs would be a fitting race. As far as dwarves go I'd rather see Earthen. This is not an idea that hasn't been touched on before and I must say I rather like it. I must say though that it would make a much more interesting story if High Elves were a Sin'dorei sub-specie as that would put a lot of characters up against each other and create an Alliance or Quel'Thalas mentality that I think would make for a great tale.

Level 3
To be honest, I don't like Gnomes much. I would gleadly love to have Undead Elf then Leper Gnomes, but I see them fitting really good with Forsaken and many players would love them. I actually think Dark Iron and Frosthborne are better then Earthen because Earthens are actually neutral and care more about Earth and its health then petty mortal politics. But out of Dark Iron and Frosthborne, I believe, Dark Iron have bigger chance because they are more active. Mecha-Gnomes are exelent idea! There is same problem as with Earthen, altough it's not that big. Furbolgs are good idea, if they change that ugly model (I don't like it). They can add playable that tribe in Azuremyst isle. However, I wouldn't really play as one, but that dosen't mean others wouldn't.

High Elves are the race I love the most to see as playable. I can see them both with Humans and Blood Elves. Dalaran is now part of the Alliance, but on the other hand, High Elves are welcomed in Quel'thalas since BC (let's 7-8 years) and Reloque exists to find artifect that would cure Elves from any form of addiction. I still believe that it's more likely they would be Alliance since they're closest allies are Humans and Dwarves (mostly Wildhammer), while many including Vereesa don't like Blood Elves. Beside it is mostly requested by Alliance players. But it would be very interesting that something bad happen with High Elven releationship rest of the Alliance and Blood Elves come in their aid. Vereesa and Lor'themar could form political merrage ending interregium and reforming Convocation of Silvermoon.

Yea about that, I would love to see update of Azeroth. Not big one and so focused like in cata, but only in some part like starting areas and zones where story is developed ( 1-20 would be enough). I would love to see revamped cities, not their image but their functions. For example, make something that can be only done in Darnassus, or Stormwind or Ogrimmar so that other cities are not so deserted like Exodar and Silvermoon. I would love to see some lorewise cities to be actually functional like Shadowforge, Stormgarde or Guilneas, etc. They can make towns rising to cites like Crossroads or Androhal. Probably pure imagination, but still....

Level 5
Subraces would be interesting - might open up new classes, might be restricted to particular classes.

I'd be all for playable Tauren-Yaungol Monks and Shaman, Broken Draenei Rogues and Warlocks, though a Broken Paladin would seem a little odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.