• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

String Length

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I mean you can test it by yourself and you will be 100 % sure of the answer, nothing else.

Also playing with strings when you're not supposed to use them, is not a really good idea in jass, because it's likely you will have many strings "leaks".
And you can't do anything about that, excepted avoid them.

Level 19
JASS:
local integer i = 0
local string s = ""
local hashtable h = InitHashtable()
loop
     call SaveStr(h,0,0,I2S(1 x (10 ^ i)))
     set s = LoadStr(h,0,0)
     if S2I(s) <= 0 then
          call DebugMsg(I2S(i))
          exitwhen true
     endif
     set i = i + 1
endloop

Just run this and you have your answer. could always put set i = i + 10, 50, 100, etc. if it lags too bad. Also, you have to fix (10 ^ i), not at WE atm so i cant remember the function

Level 16
Nes already created a "super pimp multi-dimensional arrays with ubersauce"-system (actual Nes-quote), Catalog.
Strings are indeed slow though (and they also leak :p).

Well, that would be hard for me; Nes is a smart guy that makes smart and strange systems so I am always having difficulties using his systems which is really frustrating for a someone like me :vw_sad:.

Status
Not open for further replies.