• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StoneScaleNaga2.BLP

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This skin was entirely made by me. I actually started about a year ago with this, but was rejected, and just thought that I'd give it another go, with some touch ups and modifications that I have learned over the year. Hope you enjoy :)
Updated August 27, 2008.
Here is another try. Redid all of the scaling on the skin, and made it better in general. (In my opinion)

Keywords:
Stone, Scale, Naga, Myrmidon, Naga Myrmidon
Contents

Stonescale Naga (Texture)

Reviews
17:55, 25th Aug 2008 THE_END: This looks like a jumble of static that you would see on a television. You did not add any details, you merely increased the amount of "stone" design on him. You need to actually make him look like stone, not some...

M

17:55, 25th Aug 2008
THE_END: This looks like a jumble of static that you would see on a television. You did not add any details, you merely increased the amount of "stone" design on him. You need to actually make him look like stone, not some cracked up fiend. Now look at ingame skins in WC3 and see how they are made to look like stone

PM me back when you've made adjustments

Kimberly: All it is is filter, and if not its far too horribly applied and done. The rest is simple recolour.

Though it is stone, it's way too monotone. And the lack of creativity isn't necessarily good. Also, there is a high amount of recolour, a lack of depth, and an absence of contrast. Try using more freehanded techniques and get creative.

However, I do really like how you kept the scaly texture but managed to make it look like cracked stone at the same time.

It needs some work but this could get somewhere.