• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Still three spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hello.

I'm making new map. It's now in beta form. I have tested this game only once in battle.net. The game works, but it still have some bugs and needs more balances.

I have done 95% of the spells but I still need three more. Do you have any ideas? Or maybe you have finished trigger spells that you can share for me? I will always give you credits.

I have eight hero in my game. Every hero has 4 basic spells with 4 level and 1 ultima spell with 1 level. Over 50% of the spells are made with triggers. However there is some basic ones. If you have better ideas for current ones, just tell me.

Dark Ranger.

I still need ultimate spell for Dark Ranger.

Here is current ones:
- Fire Arrows, Increases the damage of the Dark Ranger's attack by adding fire.
- Mass Shuriken, Throws eight shuriken around the hero dealing damage to units that are in way.
- Quick Hands, Increases a friendly unit's attack speed. Lasts 30 seconds.
- Critical Strike, Gives a 25% chance to do more damage on an attack.

Vampire Lord.

I still need one more basic spell.

Here is current ones:
- Bat Wave, Sends a horde of bats to damage enemies.
- Blink Strike, Transports to a target unit and slashes it, dealing bonus damage.
- Vampiric Attack, When attacking to enemies your hero gain hit points.

Ultimate:
- Bat Statues, Summons four different bat status around Vampiric Lord: Statue Of Speed, Statue Of Strenght, Statue Of Intelligence and Statue Of Endurace. All of them will increase Vampire Lord and his allied units fightning skills.

Death Warrior.

I still need one more basic spell.

Here is current ones:
- Blade Beam, A beam launches from the hero's sword towards the enemy dealing and stuning them for short 1 to 2 second.
- Fire Pillar, Summons an fire pillar that burns nearby units.
- Regrowth, Heals a target friendly unit hit points over time. Lasts 10 seconds.
Ultimate:
- Teleport Strike, Teleports and slices nearby enemies so fast they can't counterattack. Slices a total of 12 times. Every slace does 150 damage.

Level 40
Dark Ranger- Black Barrage

"Shoots out 3 arrows in a cone, striking the first targets they come to. Killed targets will be raised as skeletons under the Dark Ranger's control"

Active, of course.

Vampire Lord- Stalk

"While chasing after an enemy during the night, the vampire slowly becomes harder and harder to see (evade+transparency), and picks up speed. Upon striking the target, the speed and visibility bonuses are lost, but the attack will deal extra damage depending on the speed"

Passive or Active, either would work.

Death Warrior-

[still thinking, gotta go have lunch but if I have one after lunch I'll post it]

Level 15
Death knight: Shadowy Charge
the Death knight becomes engulfed by shadows and charges in the target direction, all units that is in his way will sufer X magic damage.
If your Blade beam is made over an Shockwave, you could make this over an Carrion Swarm ect, or make it over an shockwave but change the Turnon/off string to Carrion Swarm.

Level 37
Lord_of_sausage said:
Death knight: Shadowy Charge
the Death knight becomes engulfed by shadows and charges in the target direction, all units that is in his way will sufer X magic damage.
If your Blade beam is made over an Shockwave, you could make this over an Carrion Swarm ect, or make it over an shockwave but change the Turnon/off string to Carrion Swarm.
I don't know how to use shockwave/carrion wave. That's why it's hard to make this spell. Maybe you have somekind of example(map?) that you can share with me? I can do it then! I will give you credits of course.

Level 15
how to do (i think)

No im sorry i dont got a map but i think i know how its done:
  • Event:Unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Condition:Ability been cast equel to Shadowy Charge
  • Action:Variable Set ScfaceANGEL to Point of target area of abillity bean cast
  • Set Casting units face angle facing ScfaceANGEL
  • Set Casting unit to = Shadowy Charge = playernumber of owner of casting unit -1
  • --now comes the GAAH spot--
  • For each IntergerA1 to (find the number that fits, so he move the range of the Shockwave)
  • -Loop actions:
  • Unit Move casting unit to casting units face angel polar offset 5 (or something)
  • Wait 0.01 seconds
The damage Trigger
Event: Unit comes whitin 255 range of Shadowy Charge = Playernumber of owner of casting unit -1
Create 1 Dummyunit at posision of enterning unit facing defualt facing degrees
Order Last created unit to damage Enterning unit for X damage of damage type Spell, Normal
Remove Last created unit

Last edited:
Level 37
Lord_of_sausage, honestly I have to say that I don't get this trigger.

Just_Spectating said:
why would a Death Warrior heal?
Like I have said, I don't dream up good spells to my heroes. So that's why I made this thread: to ask you people, do you have any suggestions?

Just_Spectating said:
i think the Death Warrior should just have Cleaving attack but call it sumthing like, Dusky Swing
Ahh, sorry, but my other hero have already cleaving attack.

Just_Spectating said:
Vampire lord should have (passive) "Curse of the Vampire" any unit killed by the Vampire lord will be converted into a vampire to aide him.
Sounds cool. Like summon units. Okay, so can you tell me more about this spell? How you do it? What kind of summons?

So if someone have better spell idea than my current one I can always remove current one and put better one!

Thanks so far everyone for suggestions. Still looking more! If someone wants to test this map, whisper me in battle.net northrend. My account is Aeroblyctos.

Level 21
Curse of Vampire, I've had that idea myself for a hero...

What you do: base the spell of Dark Arrows with a duration of 0,5 seconds and a summoned unit type of vampire.

An ultimate for the warrior could be something like the phoenix egg: when he dies, he's morphed into a statue or something that, if not killed in time, will raise the warrior onto the battlefield again. Basically a reincarnation that can be prevented, but one that keeps happening if not prevented at all.

Level 37
Eleandor said:
base the spell of Dark Arrows with a duration of 0,5 seconds and a summoned unit type of vampire.
That should be easy. But I have dreadlord currently the model, so what kind of models I should use then for summons? Btw, you maybe know better model for Vampire Lord?

Eleandor said:
An ultimate for the warrior could be something like the phoenix egg: when he dies, he's morphed into a statue or something that, if not killed in time, will raise the warrior onto the battlefield again. Basically a reincarnation that can be prevented, but one that keeps happening if not prevented at all.
I will do this spells. Thanks for the help.

Level 15
The darkrangers ultima could be Rampage:
Its build over an Clusterrockets, which fires max rockets (100) aeach arrow deals 4 damage.
Or Dusk arrow:
every time the darkranger hits an emeny, the arrow will explode and deal damage to nearby units. i might be an critical strike whit 100% chance to deal 1x dmg (lol). then its triggered: creates a dummy unit which kabooms itself on the hitted emeny.

Level 37
Well, I made the spell and I putted to hero. But it didn't awake the hero and there was no temporary unit.

Lord_of_sausage said:
Or Dusk arrow:
every time the darkranger hits an emeny, the arrow will explode and deal damage to nearby units. i might be an critical strike whit 100% chance to deal 1x dmg (lol). then its triggered: creates a dummy unit which kabooms itself on the hitted emeny.
It's like Incinerate! Oh yes, I will make same kind of spell like Incinerate! I will put it to Dark Ranger instead of Critical Strike. Thanks!

Level 19
For Death Knight death coil explosion shaped explosions nearby him channel or not chose one
And why dont you just remove hero glow of a Dread Lord
I dont think anyone has a vampire models as you asked
if you ask "How to delete hero glow ?"
then I say just open model with War3 Model Editor
and delete the material which uses Repleceable ID 2
done

And change the texture a little bit to make it less imposing

Level 6
Oh yes, I will make same kind of spell like Incinerate! I will put it to Dark Ranger instead of Critical Strike. Thanks!
did you try that ranger? because putting two arrow (attack modifier) abilities will not work. also, if i remember correctly searing arrows would disable crit strike (even though critical strike is not orb ability and works fine with orb items).

my suggestion for ranger's ultimate: stampede of shades/ghosts/banshees

Level 5
I've tried this trigger before. (Obsidian Arrow: Fires a single shot that drains the Dark Ranger of all remaining mana and deals it as damage.) I got the idea from a technique called the Asura Strike in an MMORPG. Damage increases per level. Best without cooldown even if it's an ulti skill, since it will be useless without mana anyway.

Level 15
Dark rangers ulti could be Dark Absorbation:
Passive
Every time she strikes an emeny she will have a 20% chance to absorb energy from the target dealing 2 times her damage and an 5% evasion, when the dark ranger has absorbed 3 times, she get an 100% chance to deal 350 damage AoE on the next shot. The abbility resets for now and she has to make an "absorbation" 3 times again for AoE
What u think?

Level 5
Cool spell. I think that should go to your reputation. It's better than anything I could suggest for this guy right now, anyway. :)

Level 6
Originally Posted by Lord_of_sausage
Dark rangers ulti could be Dark Absorbation:
Passive
Every time she strikes an emeny she will have a 20% chance to absorb energy from the target dealing 2 times her damage and an 5% evasion, when the dark ranger has absorbed 3 times, she get an 100% chance to deal 350 damage AoE on the next shot. The abbility resets for now and she has to make an "absorbation" 3 times again for AoE
What u think?
Nerf bit... maybe the 350 AoE could Be 200

Level 5
200 AoE is a bit small for an ulti, don't you think? Unless it has really high damage. Besides, I translated the post as dealing 350 damage in an AoE, but he didn't specify the AoE range.

Level 5
There's a nice trig:

"Bullet time" Allows the (Any Hero, but best for the Dark Ranger) to move so quickly that time appears to stop.

Real easy. pause all units upon starting the skills effect, unpause the Dark Ranger, wait for a limited time, and unpause everyone else.

Level 5
Hmm. You're right. I tried it just now. (6:51PM in the Philippines) Anyway, Aeroblyctos says he's got all spells. Meaning we're posting for nothing. :)

Level 6
that wouldnt look so good Altazen, because when you stop time the units will all just stop their actions and play the stand animation rather than freezing in place, along with projectiles.

luckily, we can tmporarily change animation speed. stand anim with 10% speed might work there...

Altazen said:
Anyway, Aeroblyctos says he's got all spells. Meaning we're posting for nothing. :)

yeah, this has gone theoretical. although it could be usefull to someone, it's more likely for nothing. we should limit posts to discussing already posted ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.