1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Starcraft in the 80s

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by MGCǂSpectre, May 18, 2010.

1. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Imba game! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B16eAS1dwA&feature=player_embedded

2. GregerTheGreat

GregerTheGreat

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is awesome! Although, it doesn't look very fun...

3. Kala

Kala

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Epic! I'd like to play that xP

4. mjllonir

mjllonir

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Man, that game looks complicated to play...you don't even know what 3/4 of the abbreviations mean...and the controls look tough to get a hang of.

5. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    More like a RetroCraft I'd say. Well of course it's fake, but the sounds and everything else are really like from 80s.

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It even says its fake at the end.

I like how it shows off how usless the controls were of the time. A Zelot pawns a siege tank because it takes so long to issue the morph order.

7. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    In starcraft, zealot always pawned siege tank.

8. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Actually, not true.

The siege mode siege tank I am pretty sure 2 Hitted a zelot, which is what happens if it trys to attack it. and as for the non transformend, I am also sure that would win 1v1 against a zelot, if it did not then wtf is the point of them. However keep in mind that siege tanks cost a lot more than a zelot. Same cost vs same cost the zealots win probably.

In SC2, this might be different cause the zelots have the charge ability which could close the gap between the tank and the zelot fast enough that its range advantage is not enough to win.

9. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    siege tanks cant 2 shot zealots. 3 shots i think, if im not mistaken theyve got 50 shields and 100 health. but yah, 1 zealot cant rip up a siege tank since its shields would already be down and tank mode would get rid of it.

siege tanks dont really fill in the MBT role imo, theyre more of artillery, marauders are the 'MBT's for terran.

10. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Siege tanks deal 75 damage a shot.

150 - 75(2) = 0

11. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Argh, you're all wrong.

Zealots lose to Tanks. Speedlots beat tanks.

As for the calculations, Siege Tanks do 70 (explosive), and Zealots have 100 (small) + 60 shields + 1 armour. Thus, the first shot will deal:

60 shields + 9/2 health

The zealot is at 96/0.

The zealot heals 1 shield, and the next shot leaves the zealot at 96-68/2 = 62 health.

The zealot once again heals 1 shield, then the next shot leaves the zealot at 62-68/2 = 28 health.

The zealot heals 1 shield again, and then the next shot leaves it at 28-68/2 = -6 health. The zealot dies.

Thus a siege tank takes 4 shots to kill a Zealot when in siege mode.

--

It may round up in which case the zealot is at 95/61/27/-7, but it is 4 shots nonetheless.

EDIT: I tested this for science, and it's 96/63/29/dead. I assume that it was regenerating two shields between the first and second attacks, the second just before the attack went off, hence the higher numbers than expected. My assumption that it rounded down was correct.

12. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    PurplePoot, what about the zealots 10 second shield down time before it starts to regenerate? Or does that only apply when the shield is not killed (killing the shield starts shield regen).

As acording to the editor the zealot has a regeneration delay of their sheilds of 10, and a regen of 2. Thus it requires not being hit for 10 seconds inorder for their shields to start regenerating (if it is not a special case when the shields are killed).

As the siege tank has a period of 3.0 seconds, this means the zealot will be unable to regenerate any shield while under fire from a siege tank. If they do regenerate shields they will be generating 6 between each blast but as mentioned they should not be.

Keep in mind that you were looking at unupgraded values. Zealots gain more armor and shield armor with tech. Additionally the siege tank gains armor and damage as well with technologies.

However the whole funny thing with that part of the movie was that by the time the order to morph was issued, the tank was dead.

13. mjllonir

mjllonir

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    What I think you guys are all forgetting is that

1. This is fake
    2. If it were real, it was done in the 80's where graphics were awesome and controls just complicated.
    3. Unbalanced, buggy and glitchy. This would mean that it would be possible that Blizzard changed the Zealot over the years, and changed the tanks over the years.

That is my argument :p

14. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Imagine a paralel universe where this game would be true and major success, Starcraft would be Starcraft 2 and currently we would be waiting for Starcraft 3...

15. mjllonir

mjllonir

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I don't understand where you're going at with this one...?

16. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Nothing, nothing, I'm just asking you all would Starcraft become more popular if it would have appeared much earlier...

17. SomeRandomDeleted Dr. Cabbage0

SomeRandomDeleted Dr. Cabbage0

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No it wouldn't, everyone in the whole world knows of starcraft, and sc2

18. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What? The discussion is about Starcraft and not Starcraft 2. Refer to Mechanical Man's post (and your first post for that matter).

Also, the Zealot loses even more when they get tech (other than Speed). A 3 plasma shield zealot will take (85-3) = 82 damage to shields rather than (70-0) = 70 damage to shields, and a 4 armour zealot will take (85-4)/2 = 81/2 = 40 damage to health as opposed to (70-1)/2 = 69/2 = 34 damage to health.

19. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    PurplePoot, ops... sorry forgot siege tanks were in both lol.