• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft in the 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Actually, not true.

The siege mode siege tank I am pretty sure 2 Hitted a zelot, which is what happens if it trys to attack it. and as for the non transformend, I am also sure that would win 1v1 against a zelot, if it did not then wtf is the point of them. However keep in mind that siege tanks cost a lot more than a zelot. Same cost vs same cost the zealots win probably.

In SC2, this might be different cause the zelots have the charge ability which could close the gap between the tank and the zelot fast enough that its range advantage is not enough to win.

Level 22
siege tanks cant 2 shot zealots. 3 shots i think, if im not mistaken theyve got 50 shields and 100 health. but yah, 1 zealot cant rip up a siege tank since its shields would already be down and tank mode would get rid of it.

siege tanks dont really fill in the MBT role imo, theyre more of artillery, marauders are the 'MBT's for terran.

Level 40
Argh, you're all wrong.

Zealots lose to Tanks. Speedlots beat tanks.

As for the calculations, Siege Tanks do 70 (explosive), and Zealots have 100 (small) + 60 shields + 1 armour. Thus, the first shot will deal:

60 shields + 9/2 health

The zealot is at 96/0.

The zealot heals 1 shield, and the next shot leaves the zealot at 96-68/2 = 62 health.

The zealot once again heals 1 shield, then the next shot leaves the zealot at 62-68/2 = 28 health.

The zealot heals 1 shield again, and then the next shot leaves it at 28-68/2 = -6 health. The zealot dies.

Thus a siege tank takes 4 shots to kill a Zealot when in siege mode.

--

It may round up in which case the zealot is at 95/61/27/-7, but it is 4 shots nonetheless.

EDIT: I tested this for science, and it's 96/63/29/dead. I assume that it was regenerating two shields between the first and second attacks, the second just before the attack went off, hence the higher numbers than expected. My assumption that it rounded down was correct.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
PurplePoot, what about the zealots 10 second shield down time before it starts to regenerate? Or does that only apply when the shield is not killed (killing the shield starts shield regen).

As acording to the editor the zealot has a regeneration delay of their sheilds of 10, and a regen of 2. Thus it requires not being hit for 10 seconds inorder for their shields to start regenerating (if it is not a special case when the shields are killed).

As the siege tank has a period of 3.0 seconds, this means the zealot will be unable to regenerate any shield while under fire from a siege tank. If they do regenerate shields they will be generating 6 between each blast but as mentioned they should not be.

Keep in mind that you were looking at unupgraded values. Zealots gain more armor and shield armor with tech. Additionally the siege tank gains armor and damage as well with technologies.

However the whole funny thing with that part of the movie was that by the time the order to morph was issued, the tank was dead.

Level 8
What I think you guys are all forgetting is that

1. This is fake
2. If it were real, it was done in the 80's where graphics were awesome and controls just complicated.
3. Unbalanced, buggy and glitchy. This would mean that it would be possible that Blizzard changed the Zealot over the years, and changed the tanks over the years.

That is my argument :p

Level 27
What I think you guys are all forgetting is that

1. This is fake
2. If it were real, it was done in the 80's where graphics were awesome and controls just complicated.
3. Unbalanced, buggy and glitchy. This would mean that it would be possible that Blizzard changed the Zealot over the years, and changed the tanks over the years.

That is my argument :p

Imagine a paralel universe where this game would be true and major success, Starcraft would be Starcraft 2 and currently we would be waiting for Starcraft 3...

Level 40
PurplePoot, what about the zealots 10 second shield down time before it starts to regenerate? Or does that only apply when the shield is not killed (killing the shield starts shield regen).

As acording to the editor the zealot has a regeneration delay of their sheilds of 10, and a regen of 2. Thus it requires not being hit for 10 seconds inorder for their shields to start regenerating (if it is not a special case when the shields are killed).

As the siege tank has a period of 3.0 seconds, this means the zealot will be unable to regenerate any shield while under fire from a siege tank. If they do regenerate shields they will be generating 6 between each blast but as mentioned they should not be.

Keep in mind that you were looking at unupgraded values. Zealots gain more armor and shield armor with tech. Additionally the siege tank gains armor and damage as well with technologies.

However the whole funny thing with that part of the movie was that by the time the order to morph was issued, the tank was dead.
What? The discussion is about Starcraft and not Starcraft 2. Refer to Mechanical Man's post (and your first post for that matter).

Also, the Zealot loses even more when they get tech (other than Speed). A 3 plasma shield zealot will take (85-3) = 82 damage to shields rather than (70-0) = 70 damage to shields, and a 4 armour zealot will take (85-4)/2 = 81/2 = 40 damage to health as opposed to (70-1)/2 = 69/2 = 34 damage to health.

Status
Not open for further replies.