• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft I Warcraft Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've been trying to find this Starcraft 1 mod I remember seeing when I was young. I really wanting to download and play it but couldn't since I didn't own the game. The mod seemed like it was created in an effort to introduce some of Warcraft 3's elements to Starcraft prior to Warcraft's final release, I'm guessing since people couldn't wait for it. The mod incorporated some of Warcraft 2's units, but also introduced new ones from wc3 like the Tauren and a bunch of other weird units. For most of the Warcraft graphics, the mod re-used Warcraft 2 sprites. The map's tileset used trees and castles from different sources. One of the oddest things I remember about the mod was that it had the Beholder in it from d&d. I had no idea what the thing was back then, but after seeing the model uploaded to this site I was immediately reminded of the mod. The unit would shoot beams of light at it's targets from what I remember.

It would be awesome if anyone here has seen or played this before, I'd really enjoy tying it out.

Level 16
I've been trying to find this Starcraft 1 mod I remember seeing when I was young. I really wanting to download and play it but couldn't since I didn't own the game. The mod seemed like it was created in an effort to introduce some of Warcraft 3's elements to Starcraft prior to Warcraft's final release, I'm guessing since people couldn't wait for it. The mod incorporated some of Warcraft 2's units, but also introduced new ones from wc3 like the Tauren and a bunch of other weird units. For most of the Warcraft graphics, the mod re-used Warcraft 2 sprites. The map's tileset used trees and castles from different sources. One of the oddest things I remember about the mod was that it had the Beholder in it from d&d. I had no idea what the thing was back then, but after seeing the model uploaded to this site I was immediately reminded of the mod. The unit would shoot beams of light at it's targets from what I remember.

It would be awesome if anyone here has seen or played this before, I'd really enjoy tying it out.
Not sure the one your talking about. However,
Project Revolution is a WarCraft3 : Frozen Throne Mod, that turned StarCraft:BroodWar into 3D.
it was developed by "Snowflake Entertainment" the mod was called "Project Revolution"

Level 13
Its a project done by the Infoceptor team. Unfortunately the download and the website are down. You guys mean this one right? http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-iii-total-conversion

The game had nothing in common with WCIII. The gameplay was similar to Starcraft and Warcraft II. To be honest my mod WC2.5 is inspired by that mix.

EDIT: I might have found a download. I am not taking responsibility though...
http://www.gameproc.com/meskstuff/wc3tc.zip
I also have no clue which Broodwar version you need to run this.

Last edited:
Level 13
Stargraft is a custom made editor for broodwar. It added the possibility so stack buildings and other features. To be honest i have no clue how to make it work... i guess you need a certain version (very old one) and just put the stuff into the bw folder and launch with the exe file.

Level 6
Lol yooooooeeee, that's definitely it. It even has the Tauren and everything. I've tried running it with two different patches of Starcraft but unfortunately none of them worked. At least I can still open the mpq file.

If it's simple enough you know how to open these grp files? I really want to see these sprites man. Cool mod by the way, gonna try it out later.

Level 6
I've only found one working link to 1.08b. I wasn't sure how to use it correctly, if it even works at all. I located the Starcraft exe and it gives me a file size/version error.

If there's another link out there it would be great.

I get this error

116787-albums2035-picture84458.jpg

Level 13
Ok i guess i found the problem:
"StarDraft doesn't work on NT-based Systems (NT4/2k/XP/2k3). You need Windows 95/98/ME or a virtual PC with it to run it."

Did you guys try to run it in compatibility Win98 mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.