• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2 vrs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok I have this map idea that is pretty simple. Since beta people complained about having old units back and how the new units were no good. While others complained to those complainers to stfu. So I'm thinking of making a map, using an existing map to add the old races back. It is different from the broodwar mod because I'm not changing it into broodwar I'm just adding the three races back into the game.

When I mean add the three races I mean ADD not modify. As in have 3 completely new(or old) races to play with along side the WOL versions of the races. so in a sense there should be 6 races to play.

What I'm also going to do is try to make the races work so a marine with 4 range and 40 hp will always get toast by a marine with 5 range 45 hp so ill adjust things accordingly. I'll also add some stuff just for kicks. It wont be balanced but should be fun.

Also to differentiate the races like terran WOL vrs terran new race i'll change the units into say the mercenary version of the marine or whatever.

So why am I doing this? well mostly because it'll be cool and because I want to figure how the hell to use this editor.

Right now I'm converting some units for the zerg but i am having trouble with adding actors and what not. The rest of the work is painstakingly slow as you have to copy EVERYTHING so to not mess with the WOL stuff. If anyone knows a faster way let me know.

Also heres a big list of what is to be in the "broodwarish version" of the races

here is my plan

Zerg-
drone
zergling
hydra
lurker
queen (adding the WOL version for macro mechanics.)
brutalisk (replace ultra)
aberation (replace defiler)
mutalisk
scourge
guardian
and leviathan or matriarch (super unit like mother ship but evolved from a queen only one, and can only be made of creep like a building. its powers will be like the sc1 version of the queen except cooler/stronger)

terran-
scv
marine (merc version)
firebat
medic
spectre (replace ghost)
vulture
goliath
siege tank (merc version)
cattle bruiser (merc version)
valk (merc version of viking)
transport ship (replace drop ship the hercules model)
sci vessel
wraith

Toss-
IDK yet

anyways, ill probably take a long time to do this but its is all for learning the data editor, kicks, and to see if broowar units really are better then WOL units :)

if people have any ideas let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.