• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wintermaul: The Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're a veteran of Warcraft III, then you'd definitely know about the Maul series. For those of you who don't, the Maul series is a gigantic branch of tower defences that originated from a map originally called Wintermaul. You'd build a maze out of towers in order to delay and ultimately destroy enemies as they try to pass you. You start with one lumber (or gas, since this is StarCraft) and you use it to pick a race. Later on, you get another piece so that you can have two races. There aren't a lot of races in StarCraft II, so I'm going to make a LOT of towers for the three races.

What's Done so far

Map layout is finished, map is decorated with doodads and terrain, several triggers are working, race pickers are created, the Protoss race is complete, Terran race is partially complete.

What needs to be completed

The Terran race does not have all its towers yet, attack waves have yet to be created, the Zerg race has yet to be made, more towers for Terran and Protoss, the addition of a super tower that costs a piece of Lumber.

Problems that I need to iron out

The High Templar tower is using Karass' model so I can give it an attack animation. The problem is that it does the attack animation once, then it never does it again. I could use a bit of help on this one.

What I want to do is to make it so the unit towers have the ability to face the direction of where they're attacking, rather than being stuck in one place, facing south when they're attacking a unit that's coming from the north.

Level 3
Why not divide up the certain races into their branches. Like the Nerazim (Dark Templars) This would include Dark Templars (ofc), Immortals, Stalkers, and Voidrays. Immortals are old DT's who wish to still fight but were wounded greatly in battle. (lost limbs or such not, or they're just old) so they fight in the crab like suit. Stalkers are DT's spirits and esscence infused into a metal suit. And voidrays are commanded by Dark Templars. You could try to divide other races up like maybe. Vikings, Thors, (look alot alike) with marauder and maybe something else. There's loads of possibilities.

I g2g right now, but I'll edit and post some more when I get back from church.

Edit: Well i'm back from church, and some unassumed plans of grocery shopping. I have an idea for a Mech race. For now I'll just post a basic outline, no descrip or anything, but i'll get to that tommorow or later when I have the Chance. The names I'm using won't be final either for my suggestion, but they're so you can see the model choices and that they can fit together.

Mech
SCV --> Marauder --> Viking --> Thor --> Odin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.