• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stake Trap

I made this some time ago and decided now to upload it, I hope someone can find a use for it ^^

/////////////////////////////////////////////
For all who didnt get it yet:
Its an trap, you can use it as an alternative for the goblin mine.

/////////////////////////////////////////////
Update: Made the animation faster (now the spikes are up in 0.75 secondes)
Update²: Made the animation more faster (now the spikes are up in 0.5 secondes) hope it's fast enought now

Keywords:
demon, stake, trap, deadly, doom, death, demonic, thorn, help I'm trapped at the hive, pain, damnation, evil
Contents

Stake Trap (Model)

Reviews
15:55, 10th Mar 2010 DonDustin: quite simple, but looks very nice as it could be used as an effect and as a doodad.

M

15:55, 10th Mar 2010
DonDustin: quite simple, but looks very nice as it could be used as an effect and as a doodad.

Level 48
Hmm. The unwrap on one of the sides of the trap is messed up, the red is on the top, looks really strange sand should be fixed. The animations are pretty slow as well - as this is supposed to be a deadly trap, which is probably supposed to kill you as you step on it so you have no time to move or so, it's far too slow. It really looks like the victim could just move aside. The stakes are a little too long, too, and I think it'd make more sense if they were more... Centered, so it has a higher chance of hitting the victim. And I'd really recommend to change the wrap and fix it up as a whole - for example, those pink patches at the edges of the trap itself look really strange, and one side of the trap is completely off - there is no white border whereas there is one at the other sides, the unwrap is completely reversed.