• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stag without Furion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Intro: Hi. I'm just another guy messing around with mapmaking. Like most other people, I ran into a problem at some point. This time, it was a model.

Project: Here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/600971-post1.html
You can download the failed model there.
Anyway, I tried to remove Furion from his stag, and I tried making a portrait for it.
I also made an attempt to give it a channel (or something) animation.
Never got to try any of them though. It crashed the game. Corrupt.

Request: Make a stag model from the Furion with Stag model.
It must have an animation that can be played during a sliding trigger, and this should be the "walk" animation duplicated.
IF POSSIBLE, make it a single model, i.e. an alternative "morph" sequence where you only see the stag. <-- If that's made, then I'd like a "walk/channel" animation for the normal Furion with Stag model aswell.
A portrait would also be nice... It kinda needs one.
  • Name: Doesn't matter, it's just a model.
  • Type: Model...
  • Details: Stag. Anything related to the Furion part removed. Looping Walk animation relabeled to allow play during a repeating move trigger in GUI.
    Possibly portrait, and maybe even an attack animation (one of them is fine, the other one it just shakes its head, since Furion was originally the one attacking.)
Images: None. Hardly needed either. I can post some if it's really needed, should give a clear image of how I want it... But it's not like it's super important.

This should be a fairly easy request. Cheers.

Last edited:
Level 2
That's awesome... I'll check it out right away.

EDIT: Alright! It works.

To clarify, what I meant was the Stag as it appears in Stag1.mdx, in other words with the normal walk animation, and the Stand Sequence as you call it, included as a secondary "channel" type animation.
However, as long as it works It'll do.

I do have a question: Since my problem seems to be the removal of Furion from his stag... Can you add a new animation sequence simply by creating a new one (I use Magos)? If so, as I wrote in the first post after you made these, I could add one for the normal model aswell.
Otherwise I might need help for that too.

Merging the models seems tricky, and not very needed anyway, so I won't get into that.

Then there is the portrait. I like how you made it without a second file, I suppose that was by using the camera? Kinda misses a background like most units, but not that important. It's just that I'm using it as a psuedo Hero unit (that reminds me - did you remove the glow from the Stag, or did it even have one in the first place? :eek:)
The way it moves its head when responding to an order is almost the same way I made it :) That's neat.

Final thing is about the attack animations. I see you didn't do anything to them, but that's fine. I can always disable the "wavy head" one myself, that's not hard.

That's all, thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.