• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Done] Half Cenarius, half Furion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello I would like to request a model:

Upper body part is Keeper of the grove (with his animations: channel, attack, etc)
Lower body part is Furion (with his running animation etc)

So I would like to remove "deer" body part of KotG and replace it with humanoid Furion's legs.

Last edited:
Level 14
Here you go.
EDIT: this is your old request, furion that channels in a similar way to cenarius. Only now I see that you changed your mind midway and now want centaurfurion. This model is not CentaurFurion.

2017.08.05 Edit: improved version made based on ujimasa hojo's work. See the post: Half Cenarius, half furion

Last edited:
Level 4
isnt it just a furion model with cenarius skin? (sorry too noob with modeling)

I want the model to have cenarius hand movements animation when he's casting / channeling the spells. They fit perfectly for the spells I have.
So the upper body kinda has to be that one of cenarius's

Level 11
Btw I've tried this multiple times but I just can't get the needed walk-legs animations to properly transfer over and I've tried rigging it to the existing bones and then doing it (with some hilarious effects) but nothing wants to cooperate. I COULD try the other way around - importing Cenarius onto Furion- but there are just so many geosets/things that I'm not quite ready for that nightmarex2.

So maybe someone more pro to model editing can do this- but also 2/3 of all your hive activity is in this topic (bumps) so my suggestion would be just to use Cenarius or Cuore's model for now and work on everything else. Be a tad more active on here- learn more stuff or even attempt this yourself or other things. When you have a more or less completed project you can show it off and then bump this topic and ask for help and maybe you'll attract more people. TBH many people don't want to go through a ton of trouble if they suspect nothing will ever come of it- and this is a deceptively difficult-ish request.

Level 14
Before, I replicated the channel animation by manual animation of furion.
The problem was that the bone structure that allows the two models to be animated is too different, and for furion is also done in a particularly bad way. This makes it challenging to transfer animations between them.

Now, thanks to making use of the wonderful optimized models for furion and the KotG made by @Ujimasa Hojo, I was able to transfer the channel animation from the kotg to furion precisely, thanks to the author of the matrix eater who made that program, @Retera.

this has precisely all movements of cenarius's torso when he's channeling.
I hope that this is finally enough for you and from now on you won't need the kotg torso implanted on furion's pelvis anymore.
I insist that credit is given to @Ujimasa Hojo , credit to me is optional.

Edit: added a particle to the raised hand during channel. Fixed a clicking part of the poncho/mantle during channel.
Edit2: fixed particle's displacement

Attachments

• Furion V3.02.mdx
    171 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Level 4
@Cuore omg this is perfect. This is more or less exactly what I wanted, because in the map I use some custom channeling abilities, and it looked so stupid with furion model because he didn't have any channeling animation before.

@Alethos thing is I did try it myself, but the fact that bone structure is so different gave me problems. I've managed to merge the two bodies together, but I just couldn't fix the animations (since I have zero expirience in model editor).

Thank you both for taking time to reply to this thread. It's been so long, and the map is 80% completed already, so the timing was perfect.
About the project:

I'm one of the map editors for the map series M.Z.I - Medieval Zombie Invasion. Right now we have 5 maps:
M.Z.I
M.Z.I Riverlands
M.Z.I Original
M.Z.I Winterscape
M.Z.I Cityscape - I have most involvement in this one

We (Shinypants aka nicolas97p) and I are currently working on our 6th map: M.Z.I Tropical. It's a survival 12-player map with a 1h timer, where you have to defend against zombie players with the forces you get on the start of the map. You have a base already, but additional buildings can't be built, only units. Income is based on a 10 min timer - each 10 mins you get fixed amount of gold. Rest of it you get of zombie kills. There's kinda a lot of micro involved (for both zombies and humans) if you want to play the game properly.

I've been trying to get ShinyPants to update his hive profile with it, but he's currently too busy. He will do it soon though, but for now here's out discord link if you want to find out more: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers. Each latest map is in it's specific channel (it's pinned).

Again thanks to both of you +rep. And I'll make sure to give proper credits cuore!

P.S how hard would it be for me to edit the model even more, by adding green light effect to his channeling hand same as cenarius has ? Can it just be copy pasted in model editor (both model & animation) or ?

Last edited:
Level 14
This last thing you ask for I usually do by editing the .mdl version of the model in notepad. It is basically a copypaste, and then you need to change some numerical values to have it display properly in the new model, sorry I can't describe with more detail however the important part is: it's no problem I'll add the special effect as soon as possible.

Level 14
added the particle. It needs to be tested ingame though.
Also noticed an ugly unnatural movement of part of the poncho during channel and fixed that.

the model, updated,has been reloaded in the above post. the name has remained the same so please take care to delete the old one to avoid confusion.

Level 4
Tested in game, it's a bit off. Here are the pictures:
b214be6132c5ec648179244655b388ae.jpg
aba2ec09443f7995cd4aaa692d79bf46.jpg

Level 4
I can't thank you enough mate! This is brilliant. I'll make sure to PM you the map when it's over (might take a while tho, depends on our schedules).

It's a shame you're not posting more of your work on your profile page. I'm sure many mortals as me would be glad to find these simple edits as they're quite useful. I've always wondered why blizzard didn't bother to add proper animations to all of their models, at least the hero ones.

You should start adding it, coz it's quite useful. Same with all other stuff you've posted across all threads, it would really help people a lot!

Once again many thanks, your work is much appriciated (and top quality)!

Level 11
Oh nicely done Cuore! I haven't checked out Ujimasa's resources but now I'm thinking I should do that now if he's fixed issues like weird bone names and such. Also I don't know why I haven't done particle emitter editing in mdl before you mentioned it- but turns out it's sooo much more convenient than magos is in that regard..

Sounds awesome Tutko! 5 maps is a lot~ I wish I could just finish my one. But I guess it gets easier when you have one down because you're not exactly starting from scratch each time. Best of luck to the both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.