• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Stacking Item Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm working on a MMORPG map. I want to make the weapons are able to be upgraded ( Magic Staff +1;+2...+10 or Ultimate Weapon +1;+2...+10... etc)
But I'm too lazy to make each weapon 10 times then change its name/effect, so I decided to make number of stack is upgreade amount. ( +3 weapon IS 3 weapon stack into one inventory slot).
Ex: A Heart of Searinox +7
211556-albums5144-picture59125.png

The problem is: I don't know which item effect will stack, which won't (Sometime it tripples attack damage bonus, MP, HP regen... etc for +3 weapon, sometime it doesn't)

I want to know which item effect will stack , which won't.

Last edited:
Level 33
Try my test map first and tell me if this is what you're looking for, I need to know the basic idea.

Instructions in the map:
1. Pick a Potion of Greater Healing
2. Pick a Ring of Regeneration

For each Potion stack, it will increase by +20 stats to all attributes.
Meaning that if I have 2 Potions, now my stats is +40 (similar to your case, a +2 Sword would be a +2 Damage Bonus, right?)

The next step is to take more Potions (to increase item charge)

Remember, you must have both Ring of Regeneration and Potion at the same time (this was a system I made for another user, that's why it has Rings involved)

Attachments

• Gregory Tountas Trigger Map.w3x
    20.8 KB · Views: 178
Level 4
Try my test map first and tell me if this is what you're looking for, I need to know the basic idea.

Thanks for answer, but... I've already known how to do what your map does.
I asked because I'm afraid that a unit can't have a ton of abilities like HP/MP regen, stat/damage/armor/attack speed/movement speed bonus... I wonder if some effect ability will stack with itself in a stacking item.

P/s: I post in the World Editor Help Zone because I don't want the other to throw at me the trigger I've already known.

Level 33
I wonder if some effect ability will stack with itself in a stacking item.
What do you mean ?
Does Level 1 Endurance Aura stacks with Level 2 Endurance Aura, is this what you are trying to say ?

P/s: I post in the World Editor Help Zone because I don't want the other to throw at me the trigger I've already known.
As I said, I need to know your basic idea first before making more assumptions and suggestions.

Or this thread simply... you're asking a question ?

Level 4
What do you mean ?
Does Level 1 Endurance Aura stacks with Level 2 Endurance Aura, is this what you are trying to say ?

Actually I'm too lazy to trigger all the effect, so I wonder if 2 Rings of Something will double the effect when they are staying in one inventory slot.

As I said, I need to know your basic idea first before making more assumptions and suggestions.

Or this thread simply... you're asking a question ?

I'm asking a question: Which Something will stack the effect when they are staying in one inventory slot.
If there are a lot of effect to trigger, can I add a ton of effect-ability into one unit?

Level 33
Actually I'm too lazy to trigger all the effect, so I wonder if 2 Rings of Something will double the effect when they are staying in one inventory slot.
It's a "charge", it does nothing. Well, if you take a Potions for example (Heals 300 HP), they are in stack of 4 or 5, right ?
Well, how many charges the Potion has, the Potion still heals 300 HP per use, and will decrease the charge by 1, right ?
But what you're about to do, is to actually add an ability to the unit depending on the charge of the item

Let's say you have a Sword +1 (+1 Bonus Damage)
When you increase the charge (takes another Sword or whatever), it will become 2 charges now, right ?
Since you are absolutely do nothing about it, the numbers just... numbers.
You actually have to trigger the effect for it to increase the Bonus Damage to +2 now (since you have +2 Sword)

I'm asking a question: Which Something will stack the effect when they are staying in one inventory slot.
If there are a lot of effect to trigger, can I add a ton of effect-ability into one unit?
You don't have to create tons of abilities, just create 1 ability and make it support multiple level.

Let's take Item Bonus Damage (+1) ability.
You make that ability to support up to Level 10 (each +1 damage per level)
Therefore, at first acquire item of the unit, you will add the ability to the unit, right ?
And when he picks up an extra charge, you should;
  • Unit - Set level of Item Bonus Damage (+1) for (Triggering unit) to (Charges remaining in YourSword)
Therefore, if your charge is 8, it will turn the ability to Level 8, thus having a +8 bonus damage to the unit.

All in all, you have to trigger it I think.

Level 4
You don't have to create tons of abilities, just create 1 ability and make it support multiple level.

Let's take Item Bonus Damage (+1) ability.
You make that ability to support up to Level 10 (each +1 damage per level)
Therefore, at first acquire item of the unit, you will add the ability to the unit, right ?
And when he picks up an extra charge, you should;
  • Unit - Set level of Item Bonus Damage (+1) for (Triggering unit) to (Charges remaining in YourSword)
Therefore, if your charge is 8, it will turn the ability to Level 8, thus having a +8 bonus damage to the unit.

All in all, you have to trigger it I think.

Sorry, but I know it before, again xD

A unit in my map has 5 abilities, but can I add HP/MP regen, stat/damage/armor/attack speed/movement speed bonus (7 abilities) to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.