• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Split Shot--- How to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
How do i make my hero or unit shoot out multiple arrows like is done in DotA allstars or in various LotRs maps? It shoots out 3/5/7 arrows, but will not shoot more than there are enemies. (kind of like a bouncing attack wont bounce 3 times if there are only 2 enemies) I think its done like bouncing attack is, but i dont know how to make it do separate arrows instead of one that bounces.

Level 10
i get it...

Code:
Event-
Unit Attacks
condition-
Triggering unit has "SPLIT SHOT"
Level of SPLIT SHOT = 1
Actions-
Set Target1 = Random unit from Units within 250 (or so) of attacked unit

Set target2 = Random unit from Units within 250 (or so) of attacked unit matching Traget2 not equal to target1

Set target = Random unit from Units within 250 (or so) of attacked unit matching Traget3 not equal to target2

Create one *DUMMY ATTACKER* for oner  of triggering unit position of triggering unit

Set 2 sec experaion time to last created unit

Order last created unit to attack Target1

Create one *DUMMY ATTACKER* for oner  of triggering unit position of triggering unit

Order last created unit to attack Target2

Order last created unit to attack Target3

repeat for more attacks :eek:

Level 10
theres a split shot spell in the spell section. it was meant for a competitio and it runs on GUI. try searching for it.

Level 12
Leopard said:
Use Siege Engine's Barrage, it should solve the problem.
But Barrage deals a specific amount of damage doesn't it? Then the extra targets will won't get the same damage as the heroes' primary target. It is possible to calculate the damage from by the heroes atributes by checking the Gamplplay Costants but still it will not work with the extra damage from items an such. I suggest you use Vexoiran's Multiple Shot.

Level 3
Barrage works

OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!! barrage does work, set the maximum damage to 0 so it will always deal the damage of your hero, and make it deal 0 extra damage, problem solved?!??! i think so.

Level 10
wouldnt setting the damage to 0 just show the projectiles but dont do any damage at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.