• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Aeon of Strife] Split Demon Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Work in progress.

Gameplay: Assault the other team's kingdom with your hero. When one team's king is defeated, the game is over.

Features
  • Creeps assault your kingdom throughout the map, with each wave growing in strength.
  • Artificial intelligence aids you in your battle whenever an unassigned player is detected or leaves.
  • Each kingdom is made up of buildings such as a barracks and keep, which provide different resources.
  • Players fight as a single hero and must team up if they wish to win.
  • Mythical loot is found in dungeons surrounding the map.
Kingdom Buildings
  • Barracks provides footmen and knights that will spawn and assault the enemy kingdom.
  • Blacksmith provides upgrades for all units and buildings and will make upgrades continually.
  • Workshop provides mortar men, siege engine, and riflemen who join the attack.
  • Lumbermill provides peasants to repair your buildings.
  • Arcane Sanctum provides priests, sorceresses, and spell breakers.
  • Gryphon Aviary provides gryphon rider and dragonhawk rider.
  • Alter provides resurrection to heroes who are not revived by other players.
  • Keep hides your secrets and provides income, and if it's destroyed, your entire kingdom's vision is revealed to your enemy.
  • King is the most powerful unit on the map. Can you over take it?
More to come
  • Hero description.
  • Story.
  • Screen shots.

Level 4
Seems like you have a solid framework planned out for how the gameplay will flow. I like the idea that in order to obtain high-level loot, heroes must venture away from their kingdom leaving it more at risk to attacks.
Will the non-kingdom creep attacks be randomized or influenced by player action? I.e. Placing a pile of bloody meat near the enemy kingdom could attract vicious creeps to attack, etc. Would be neat :p

What will you do with this to separate it from other MOBA-type games?

Good luck with your project!

Level 3
Good luck with your project!

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and provide some feedback.

Seems like you have a solid framework planned out for how the gameplay will flow. I like the idea that in order to obtain high-level loot, heroes must venture away from their kingdom leaving it more at risk to attacks.

Yes! This is exactly what I was going for design-wise.

Will the non-kingdom creep attacks be randomized or influenced by player action? I.e. Placing a pile of bloody meat near the enemy kingdom could attract vicious creeps to attack, etc. Would be neat :p

What will you do with this to separate it from other MOBA-type games?

Yes. I was considering having creep movement modified by a few factors such as mythical items, the removal of certain keep portions, such as completing dungeons. When you complete a dungeon, creeps of a certain type will stop appearing as you destroyed that settlement of demons or whatever. It will also curve scarier attacks in the future at the cost of not earning the exp you could've received by defeating such a large wave of creeps. You could also venture to the opposing side's dungeons and take their dungeon. As a trade off, you still get the save waves, so you can earn more exp. You may also then want to defend your border. It depends entirely on how that 12 players want to play. This makes implementing AI tricky. I might just have AI by default defend and then attack at a certain stage.

My only biggest difference is having AI as a feature. I'm personally interested in developing AI, and that's my prime focus technically. Other aspects of the design have been done and mastered by others. I'm taking inspiration from them and making my own fan game. :)

Thank you for reading. I hope you come back later to try out the first beta. You can subscribe to this thread or follow my dev blog here: maplepines.

Level 4
My only biggest difference is having AI as a feature. I'm personally interested in developing AI, and that's my prime focus technically. Other aspects of the design have been done and mastered by others. I'm taking inspiration from them and making my own fan game. :)

That's awesome. AI is intriguing, and since it's your specialty, perhaps I could learn a few things from watching your development..

Since each player is a fragment of one side of a being, perhaps there could be dynamic reactions when one fragment of one side encounters its counterpart fragment of the opposing side? I find the story and theme pretty interesting, based on what you described on your blog. How strictly will classes adhere to the actual WoW classes? And I shall subscribe.

Level 3
Since each player is a fragment of one side of a being, perhaps there could be dynamic reactions when one fragment of one side encounters its counterpart fragment of the opposing side? I find the story and theme pretty interesting, based on what you described on your blog. How strictly will classes adhere to the actual WoW classes? And I shall subscribe.

Thank you for subscribing. Just to make you aware, I'm AFK for 10 days starting this weekend.

A dynamic reaction. Hm. Technically would you say a buff happens whenever someone meets their counter class? For example, two Rogues from opposing sides meet? Or does this belong to any class, such as a Warrior v.s. a Rogue?

It's not a bad idea at all. I simply don't know what to implement for the buff. Would they become enraged? That could be an interesting dynamic, but I'm afraid it might be easily exploited.

Status
Not open for further replies.