• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spider Smasher v1.00

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Twilight
Spider Smasher by SonofJay
Smash dem spiders!

About:
Game in inspired by the popular genre on smartphones where you touch a "thing" and gets point or something like that.

Nothing serious of a map. One playthrough should last for 5 or more minutes.

Features:
-Endless Waves (but the special creatures needs to be extended later).
-Utility Tool where you have abilities to help you.
-You can restart the game when you die without reloading the game.

Future:

If I ever add more the obvious ones are:
-More special spider/insects
-More abilities
-I also plan to expand the "Utility". I already have some ideas on how to make it unique on future updates

Credits:

-UTM 3.0
-And the creator of the "Hornet" that I forgot the name

(Click to Enlarge)

Note:
Map in not optimized

Keywords:
Spider, Smasher, Mini-game, Spider Smasher, SonofJay, SoJ, Spidey
Contents

Spider Smasher v1.00 (Map)

Reviews
20:36, 23rd Aug 2015 Shadow Fury: The map is set to needs fix. It would be better to make it more exciting and entertaining before presenting it to the public.

M

20:36, 23rd Aug 2015
Shadow Fury: The map is set to needs fix. It would be better to make it more exciting and entertaining before presenting it to the public.

Level 13
Description

Short and contains enough detail about the map. Screenshots are nice, shows the map. Nice!

Terrain

A creepy forest full with spiders, Thank god I'm not there in real life (^.^() anyway. Its all good, for a mini-game, small, and contains enough decorations. Awesome!!

Gameplay

Alright, I'm killing my worst nightmare, fun and cool mini-game... Wait is that a bee?! OH GOD, you found my weakness ;) AWESOME MAP.

Final Rating

Terrain:4/5
Gameplay:5/5
Description:4/5

FINAL RATING
4.5/5

Suggestions
NO SUGGESTIONS!! AWESOME MAP!!

GIFT

1/5=no rep
2/5=no rep
3/5=no rep
4/5=+ rep
5/5=+ rep

Rating 4.5/5=+rep

Vote for Approval!!

Level 21
Well... the concept of the map is extremely simple. Keep spamming clicks on your mouse until you break it out of the frenzy of the clicking spree just to kill some spiders. The map is too plain, simply clicking around some spiders for all the game isn't something so exciting and it can get boring really quickly (I personally found the game really boring but since it's just me...). Good that there are 3 skills to use but that doesn't really make things thrilling enough.
There are a few suggestions I'd like to drop:

1- Allow the camera to be moved according to the player's preferences. If one does not like the current camera, he might think of changing the angle of attack or the distance

2- The idea of "every wave the number of spiders increases" isn't a good idea in my opinion. You really gotta smash your mouse to kill all spiders. I think it would be better to put more types of spiders with more purposes. Don't focus on the quantity, focus on the variety! That would make the game progressive. For example, you could a very fast spider that would be hard to click. I bet this would spice up things. You may also add a super strong spider that is very slow and would take lots of clicks to be killed. A last example is a spider that spawns spiders when it dies. It would surely cause havoc if there are many of them!

3- Utilities needs to have full mana and all cooldowns reset to 0 when I restart the game

4- I'm not really fond of the terrain myself. If I have to be honest, it feels *spammy* but since this is the theme, it's adequate. I would still like to recommend adding more tile variation to the central pathway

5- It would be nice to know the number of spiders alive so that players can know if they forgot to kill one. That's optional but it would be cool to add it to the leaderboard

For now, I don't think this is ready for an approval. It still lacks that *excitement* and *amusement* a map should offer. For now, it's needs fix.

Level 28
Shame that you didn't think its fun enough. I presented it to a friend and my brothers played it and all had fun with it and they're the public that I'm looking to share the map, people who appreciate simple stuffs.

If you're looking for a more exciting experience then you'll probably never gonna get it. Unless you think having more variations of enemies with their own pros and cons, more utility abilities and some more polishing is exciting.

If I can dare to ask at what wave did you manage to reach? All of us never reach wave 30 yet.

Anyway, to answer some of your suggestions.

1.) Sure, I can add that although there really isn't any point since the map is terribly small which is the main reason why I locked the camera on the first place. Rotating it 90 degree per adjustment should be enough.

2.) There are currently 3 variations of enemies, one that spawns everytime, one that spawns every 5 level which takes a little more click to kill one that randomly spawns every round which also take a little more click to kill. More variations are coming and the current version was supposed to gauge the opinion of those who luckily been able to play the map. But well, you kill the bird before it was able to fly. And no, please don't point me on the map development forum. That forum is graveyard for mini-games. None ever dare to open a mini-game thread.

3.) Next update should address on that.

4.) Spammy or not its just there to be there. I don't find it distracting since its placed outside the playing field. Just focus on clicking.

5.) I can add that on the multiboard.

I'm not looking for an approval. Just need more criticism and opinion from other people I can go to map dev forum but I already stated my problem on that. And beside the game is fully functional which is actually enough to warrant approval its just that your preference it way too weird.

I humbly request that the map is set to pending again.

Level 21
Needs fix status is specifically for these cases (when the map requires to be updated). Just update your map and it will be set back to pending automatically.

Map development? Loooool! You gotta be jokin' man, I never recommend that to anybody :xxd:

Don't get me wrong, it's my personal taste. There are people who may enjoy it a lot and people who may not (yeah that's me). I'm not keeping this needs fix because I found it boring (subjective heh) but because I know the map can be much better than it is now.