• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

spiceant's Power Management v1.29

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map plays like starcraft zone control. You get marines, build new building that spawn more marines and you wipe out other marines.
This is where the orthodoxy stops.

Every werewolf, marine and tower deals 3 damage types. Laser, Bullet and Rocket. every unit has 3 corresponding defense types being shield armor and point defense. You can upgrade the damage with 3 corresponding types of development centers and defense with the defense ministry building. If your lasers are more advanced then the targets shields you deal greater damage.

There is also weather control. In this map that means you have a special day for every day. Some natural days that usually dont have a lot of influence. To more catastrophic days like the ones that transform your scouts into wolves, at night or those that kill everyones marines.

You can capture the middle of the map, which gives you more powerfull damage and defense at every dawn or you can use the middle 4 building slots to place buildings of which the effectiveness will be doubled.

The map can be FFA style, or in teams. Any type of teams can be made. From 1v2v6v3 to north vs south vs west vs east (with the ''-compass teams'' command)

And most importantly, the map has a distinct and unique preview and loading screen but is only 436kb big and can thus be downloaded and shared relatively quickly.

Keywords:
Zone Control
Contents

spiceant's Power Management v1.29 (Map)

Reviews
ap0: Rejected 17:53, 8th May 2008 Gilles: Pretty fun game. Well balanced and good learning curve. Like most altered melee/risk, it starts off a bit slow, but not so much so that it's boring. The weapons still confuse me a little bit though.

M

ap0: Rejected

17:53, 8th May 2008
Gilles: Pretty fun game. Well balanced and good learning curve. Like most altered melee/risk, it starts off a bit slow, but not so much so that it's boring. The weapons still confuse me a little bit though.

Level 8
This is a very fun map, I've played it twice with spiceant himself and found it very enjoyable, a recommended download.

See you online spiceant!

DrazharLn

EDIT: A review:
Good features:
-different weapon and armour types provide variety
-map looks neat
-lots of potential tactics to use
-commands are useful and intuitive

Bad features:
-map is symetrical, no real variation. [however this obviously improves balance]
-no zerglings

In conclusion, a very good map with scope for many variations/improvements and a lot of fun gameplay. 9/10

EDIT2: I rated 9 but it puts average score as 8???