• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spells swaping problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I just came acroos a really wierd and hard to see at first problem that i never had.
When i level my hero(He has 3 spells and 1 ultimate) if i choose his second spell as the first spell at level one the spell will take the first position on the spell bar insted of the second and the first one if leveled up after will take the second position.

the third and ultimate remain on the same spots(3 & 4)this being my major problem.I can't fiind what modify the fact that when i choose spell 2 to go on slot 1.I want each of the spells to remain on their slot when you level up as it will be normal.

Thanks in advance.

Level 25
Unit's action menu (ingame it's the menu in the bottom-right part of your UI) has 12 places for buttons (3 rows, 4 columns). Each of these 12 places have their [x, y] position.
The upper-left-most place has position [0,0], the lower-right-most position is [3,2].

The problem is how you set up your abilities to these positions.
Find your ability in object editor and edit fields: "Art - Button Position - Normal (X)", same for (Y), and "Art - Button Position - Research (X)" and (Y).

Only hero abilities have Research position - this is the position of the button when it is yet to be learned. Normal position is when it is already learned.

You most likely need to edit the X position of your abilities from "0" to "1" (this will make the ability to stay in second column)

Level 8
Go to the object editor and to your spells, find and change them to this.

1st skill:
Art - Button Position - Research (X)- 0
Art - Button Position - Research (Y)- 0
Art - Button Position - Normal (X)- 2
Art - Button Position - Normal (Y)- 0

2nd skill:
Art - Button Position - Research (Y)- 1
Art - Button Position - Normal (Y)- 1

3rd skill:
Art - Button Position - Research (Y)- 2
Art - Button Position - Normal (Y)- 2

4th skill:
Art - Button Position - Research (Y)- 3
Art - Button Position - Normal (Y)- 3

Level 3
^already solved thx to @Nichilus but thanks apreciated aswell chooey for a better explanation for anyone in bigger trouble than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.