• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells and Skills questions and wonderings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well hello everyone !
As some may know I'm working at an ORPG thesedays and I'm having some problems with skills.

I'll list them:

1. Is there any other skill that reduces armor besides "Faerie Fire"? Or some other way, such as triggering or whatever to temporarily remove armor from a unit?
The problem with that skill is the autocast, I can't stand the autocast! Maybe a way to disable its autocast and make it a simple spell?
2. The same, but with the "Curse" skill.
3. How can I make the "Wind Walk" skill don't show a bonus backstab damage? I mean even if I disable it in the Ability Editor it will keep apearing! It's soo annoying! Not sure if the damage dissapears but it's the same, the numbers still appear. Is there some way to remove that? Or atleast another way to make a "Stealth" skill that reduces your movement speed besides a skill based on "Invisibility" with a trigger to do the slow?
4. How can I make a "Rest" skill? Like the one in Gaias ORPG. The one that restores 5% life and 5% mana per second resting. You can interrupt it whenever you want to too.

That should keep my wonderings at bay I think!
If you don't want to or can't answer to all of them I'd really appreciate ANY question answered, one is more than enough!!

Thanks in advance!

Level 33
1. Devotion Aura, Targets Allowed: Self
2. Triggered ability (Use Channel as base ability), when cast, create dummy and order it to Curse the unit
3. Bonus Backtab Damage problem: Use Invisibility for dummy unit to cast it upon your unit
To slow a unit and invisible at the same time, as usual, trigger is needed (Cast Slow to the unit)
4. What triggers the Rest ?
Staying at the same spot, or some kind of active spell button ?

All in all, trigger is needed.

Level 19
Well for number 4, create a trigger that would fire every second once an ability is casted.
The ability cast trigger would turn on the rest actions trigger, which would in turn restore 5% of the max value of hp and mana per second. It would be based on an On/Off ability like Immolation or Avatar. The ability cast would use the on order string and the off would just turn off the trigger. Both on/off would have the condition using the Order String.

Level 15
1. Devotion Aura, Targets Allowed: Self
2. Triggered ability (Use Channel as base ability), when cast, create dummy and order it to Curse the unit
3. Bonus Backtab Damage problem: Use Invisibility for dummy unit to cast it upon your unit
To slow a unit and invisible at the same time, as usual, trigger is needed (Cast Slow to the unit)
4. What triggers the Rest ?
Staying at the same spot, or some kind of active spell button ?

All in all, trigger is needed.

1. I don't think the devotion aura is an active skill, like the faerie fire one.
2. Seems exactly what I need!
3. Seems a bit complex, but it's what I need.
4. It's an active spell button.

Well for number 4, create a trigger that would fire every second once an ability is casted.
The ability cast trigger would turn on the rest actions trigger, which would in turn restore 5% of the max value of hp and mana per second. It would be based on an On/Off ability like Immolation or Avatar. The ability cast would use the on order string and the off would just turn off the trigger. Both on/off would have the condition using the Order String.

Seems fine, but just a question; how's that suppossed to be interrupted when the unit walks? Or how is it going to identify which of the 8 possible heroes in the ORPG is resting? Just not sure.

Thanks a lot for the answers!

Level 1
bump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 15
Oh my god defskull, you saved me a headache!! thanks you sooooo MUCH!!!!!

I have a little question, just out of curiosity; why is the wait for in the FF Cast trigger? edit: already figured out why, but why didn't you used the faerie fire skill instead? guess there is some kind of problem with it?
And how did you do to make the wind walk do not have a number when you backstab the enemy? When I copy n' paste the skill it does appear.

Level 33
Yeah, I should have make it Faerie Fire for the dummy to cast it, silly me use that Armor Reduction, you should change it to Faerie Fire, okay ?

As for the Wind Walk, the settings should be:
Data - Backstab Damage: 0 (if it is set to another value, then it appears)
Data - Backstab Damage: False (to not allow the value to be shown (only works if the damage is set to 0, otherwise, it still triggers))
Data - Movement Speed Increase (%): Make it negative value to slow down the unit

Level 15
Great, the wait kind of scared me, I only know it's not really MUI friendly :p

And about the wind walk, I just can't do it, I setted everything like that and still nothing, I even CnP'd it and nothing... no idea why it doesn't work in my map, I'll try adding those spheres kael'thas has, maybe it's because of that, dunno.

Anyway, one million thanks defskull, you not only helped me a lot but also you teached me a useful thing or two!! thanks!

Level 33
Don't worry, the Wait function I used is MUI because instead of global variable, I use a local variable (as you can see, local unit udg_Target = GetSpellTargetUnit())

Using a local variable will make your trigger MUI if it is used in proper way

For the Sphere ability, it does not have anything to do with the Wind Walk for not trigger the damage (I tested it with different unit, it also works)

Don't know what you did wrong

Level 33
Oh, and if you worry about the Wait function, just change the Armor Reduction ability to Faerie Fire, casted by dummy (follow exactly like in Curse Trigger) but change this and that up a bit, I'm sure you can do that

By doing that, you no longer needed the Wait function as it is casted ability, not triggered ability (you order the dummy via trigger to cast default Faerie Fire, that's all, same as Curse)

Level 15
yeah, I did that, just as you suggested and it works splendid! I believe both ways work, just different ways, aren't they?

• Expose Weakness
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Expose Weakness
    • Actions
      • Set Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of Target)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 0.20 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Faerie Fire Target
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Status
Not open for further replies.