• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellcasting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
As the wizard every time i cast a spell using a quick key. The bottom right of the hud changes to empty boxes. Instead of containing the different spell icons. This makes it impossible to cast consecutive spells. I have to hit escape, to have the corner change back to be able to cast a spell again. Is there a way to make it not do that?

Level 17
Okay, so, i dont really understand what your problem is to be honest.
Do you mean that you can enter/exit the spell book?
Like, you enter the spellbook and new spells appear, then you have to press escape to exit it?
If thats what you mean, then yes, it would be possible to make it so that it only replaces the spells with the ones that the spellbook normally contains with one simple click, and then change back by simply clicking that button again.
It would be easy achieve this by just disabling the spells that should be replaced for the player that owns the hero, and then reverse it when you want to change back to your normal spells.

Im not sure if this is what you mean, but well, i did my best to understand :)

Level 2
No. When i cast a spell using a quick key, im unable to cast another spell without hitting esc first Because all my spell icons disappear when i use the quick key. Is there a way to make it not do this?

Level 19
No. When i cast a spell using a quick key, im unable to cast another spell without hitting esc first Because all my spell icons disappear when i use the quick key. Is there a way to make it not do this?

Please start by telling us:
  • What hero and what ability was it?
  • When or where did you encounter this bug?
  • And do you mean hotkeys?
  • What version did you play?

Level 30
I believe your reffering to the targetting phase of a spell. When you click a spell, you then have to click a unit to cast it on.

When targetting the buttons on the UI dissapear and only shows an Escape button so that a player can cancel the spell if they so wish. Once you select a target and the spell is cast, you see the normal buttons again.

This is a warcraft limitation. The same thing will happen on any warcraft map :)

Status
Not open for further replies.