• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellbook for upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, my cuestion is easy, im using a spellbook to have a lot of spells in my hero, but i want to use a spellbook with upgrades and not abilities, i want to put all the upgrades in only 1 build, but there are a lot of upgrades

Thanx :)

Level 6
I just want to press the spell book icon and then pop up all the upgrades

Thats imposible. The only way is creating spell book and giving him the same lvls of your other abilitys and manual setting all this abilitys into your spell book lvls....

The spell book must be Hero Ability. But believe is a huge work if you have more than 10 lvls and more than 3 abilitys....

I recomend you to use Unit abilitys of X lvl and store them in spell Book and via Triggers Ungrade them. Just set the number of SKILL POINTS to a variable and for each skill point ungrade via trigger one ability in the spell book.

Level 6
Also Spellbooks are not intended for some UPGRADE purposes..only for spells..

If you want thos kind of system..don't use spellbook.. use an alternative one like..

When you cast an ability... the player selection will be focused on the unit that has all the upgrades you want and the Player can press ESC to deselect it...in that way you don't need to use Spell Book..

Level 6
Possible,though this will take some pro-coding

Is not pro-coding making one trigger.... Just like::

If skill points equal or bigger than 1
---Set Skill_points= ( Your Hero Skill Points )
For each integrer (real) from 1 to Skill_Point Do acctions::

1- Modify unspent skill points of (Your Unit): Sustraer 1 points
2-Unit - Increase level of (Your spell) for (Your Unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.