• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Tooltips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Are there to put an absolute value for the referenced values in the tooltips?

i.e. I referenced a negative data value and i want to make it display as a positive integer value when a player view it in game.

Level 3
Not sure if this is possible, you may have to just type each individually instead of using data tags :/. As far as I know there is only color and newline.

Level 9
Nope each lv bonus is increase by %.. i.e. lv 1 adds 20%; lv 2 adds 30% x 1.10; lv 3 adds 33% x 1.10 ... i dont think there is a pattern that would work for the auto fills.

Level 9
I have no problem with the math or the auto fill for the data.. The trouble is how do i make it so that in the data field it says -15% but in the tooltip it will say 15%. I'm just having problems with the spell descriptions not the actual data. Just thought i ask around before manually putting values for each lv of the spell description.

I may not quite understand your question, but I am actually having a problem with my tooltips too.

For example, in storm bolt the tooltip says:

Throws a magical hammer at a target enemy unit, dealing <AHtb,DataA1> damage and stunning the target for <AHtb,Dur1> seconds.
The first value in the <> is referring to the damage which is 100.

If i were to change the 100 to 110, i wouldnt hav to redo the tooltip.

I want this to work with custom spells. If i made a custom storm bolt, would i put the custom ability name at the beginning?
Like <A000:AHtb,DataA1>?
I've tried it many different ways and i cant seem to get it to work. the tooltip always reads the value as 0

Level 20
ARCANGHEL_SEPPO it works for me. I dont get 0. I get the corret values. You fail. Noob. Noob.

But hes value is -20 and he wants it to be displayed as 20. Mathematic functions dont work in tooltip codes, so he has to manually type it.

Level 9
XD
Just make a dummy abilty with the right values and use it in your spell.
So if your spell reduce -15% and you wannt that 15% is shown create a second abilty which have 15% at the lvl and use the value in your tooltip. This works fine for evry tooltip were you cant find the right value in your tooltip. Or also could be used for summons if you want a easier way for the stats of th unit:grin:

Level 28
Seriously... if I see all the posts here, I guess it's just easier to type it yourself.
Yeah, so your spells have a lot of levels, you can still CnP the text, you just need to change some amounts.

I've had a map where every ability had 20 levels and I did it manually, I don't know how it is for you, but it isn't that bad, really.

Level 9
Is 100 lv and over 10 abilities consider bad for manual input? Like all maps, it might need balancing later, so thats why im just making a post to see people's ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.