• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spell Request: Special Leap Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am looking for a special type of Leap/Jump spell that cannot be targeted in groups of trees. The majority (as in all the of the ones I have tried) of these spells leave the hero stranded in the trees, unable to move.

Im not looking for anything with fancy animations (maybe something in mid air for added effect), or a slam spell at the ground, just something that would allow the unit to appear as though it is jumping, and then comes down, smoothly; basically a transportation spell like blink, but jumping. Preferably line of sight needed to target. Even a modification of an existing spell would work for me. Or even a non-spell solution, which might work better, but I post this in spells section since I am having trouble with this spell.

Obscenely thick groups of trees seem to force the unit away to the nearest edge, but that can be used as an exloit to get past certain boundries (ie. targeting just past a closed gate and being moved to the other side).

Since trees are destructable, and nothing like cliff edges, the terrain pathing condition I added doesnt seem to work,

-((Terrain pathing at (Target point of ability being cast) of type Walkability is off) Equal to False)

which is odd since trees under the object manager have "Pathing - Is Walkable" set to false.

I am not sure how difficult it is to make this, as these spells generally turn off unit collision first, in order to make a smoother flight over cliffs and collidable objects, but any insight, or a spell would be *greatly* appreciated. I know just enough about triggers that I know I have no idea how to make this.

Level 10
what you need is to detect if the number of trees or destructables in the area where you targeted is greater than 0. Then you trigger it to shorten the distance slightly and check again until there aren't any. If you want, just check out my mini aos spell map in the spell section. it contains a few variaties of jumping spells. The difference between mine and most is that mine checks where you targeted before you jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.