• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can u help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
can u tell me why i can't make a spell that destroys trees? I've made 1 spell leap(the hero jumps in the air and when he lands he deals damage, stuns the units but doesnt destroy trees. Can u tell me how to make?

Level 7
Here is the map with the spell. Try it and help me

Attachments

• Jump Spell.w3x
    38.2 KB · Views: 37
Level 13
  • Kill the Trees
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts casting an ability.
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equal to Jump Spell
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 256.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) and do (Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible))
Try this.

Level 7
i'm a bit tired and in a hurry atm but i gave a look at your map. Here they are all the modifications i've made:

- Added Locust and Invulnerable abilities to your dummy unit (the knight) also made it a flying unit. This way it won't interfere with other units and can be created at the same point of your hero

- set the area of the jump spell to be the same of the area of your percussion spell (though your tooltip says 500 700 900 the percussion spell has 300-300-300 as area of effect values)...why did you set it to 0? i couldn't see the mouse while using the spell :hohum:

- You wrote Set level of percussion for last created unit to level of percussion for casting unit, but instead it had to be level of Jump Spell

- Made TempPoint as position of unit, and added the destructible thing (now i'm too tired but you should make something to check if the destructible is a tree or not, otherwise your hero may be able to open portals or other stuff, also moved the Remove TempPoint at the end since it's needed for the destructible trigger

I'm not sure why the percussion doesn't work on trees, but it could be since it adds a stun and trees can't be stunned, or because it dealt too little damage do destroy a tree (but in that case we had to notice the trees being hit animation)

Attachments

• Jump Spell.w3x
    38.5 KB · Views: 42
Level 7
Thanks to All who helpt me but i've made the spell. I've added

--Destructable: Pick every destructable whithin 300 of (Position of (Trigering Unit) and do Actions
---Loop Actions:Kill (Picked Destructable)

and it work..Anyway Thanks guys for all your help

Level 7
well it's what we both suggested, but you need to check if the destructible is a tree (also a check if the destructible is invulnerable), otherwise you can destroy also portals and stuff

Also don't forget to add invulnerable and locust to the knight you are using as dummy, and make it a flying unit (though once it has locust it's not needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.