• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell request - i've failed every time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am trying to create a spell that damages all enemy heros of the unit casting the ability. I have tried creating a dummy spell and using triggers. I cant get the triggers to target all the enemies heros. targeting all the units of one player is easy enough, but I remain perplexed as to how make the triggers do what I want them to. If anyone could help me, i would be grateful. heres a basic outline of what I am looking for.

A) unit casts the spell
1. Spell deals 325dmg to all opposing heros
2. Spell effect = moonsoon bolt

Level 11
Ok... your spells seems pretty confusing since I can't get what you really want. I'll just ask you: Do you want ALL the heroes on the map? If you want in a specific range I will change the condition in red. Now, let's see.

Create a spell let's say based on Thunder Clap. Give it NO damage, NO duration, NO buff, change icons, change mana cost, change cooldown, give one level. ^_^

Now, let's go to the dummy unit. Create one dummy unit (read FAQ to find out how) and give it an ability with a singular target that does only damage (umm... I'll think about a good one) and give it monsoon Target art. Hehe, give the dummy unit that ability.

Now, let's go to triggers. Create an Unit Group variable and assign it array with 16 values.

Event - An unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions - Ability being cast equal to (Yourability)
Actions - Pick up every unit within (Playable Map) matching Conditions ((Matching Unit) is A Hero) equal to true and ((Matching Unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting Unit))) equal to true and do actions

->Create 1 (dummy unit) at position of (Picked Unit)
->Order (Last Created Unit) to [Whatever skill you pick] (Picked Unit)
->Add (Picked Unit) to Unit_Group[(Player Number of (Triggering Player))]

Wait 0.10 seconds
Pick Up every unit in Unit_Group[(Player Number of (Triggering Player))] and do Remove (Picked Unit) from the game.

That's all you need!

Level 3
Yes, I think that will work nicely. The creating the array is what I need to do. not really sure how they work with/within variables so I havent used them. thank you very much for your help I will use it and tell you if it worked for me =)

Level 3
grrrrr.... cant seem to get it to work. having trouble selecting the units i think as I tried to just create a unit at the location of the picked unit(s) that I should be able to see and it didnt appear.
Any thoughts on how I am messing it up? Should I write all my triggers down?

Level 11
Huh? What's the problem?? I didn't really get what's your problem now. Umm... you want to see the dummy units or what?? Umm, one more thing. If you can't get the mosoon effect you can also change the dummy unit's model to the moonson effect and change its size to 1.00. Collision size should still be 0.00. Hehe!

Level 3
I must be having problems with the stupid dummy unit. My parameters are messed up. where is the tutorial for creating dummies that work? thank you.

Level 11
Ok. To make a dummy unit follow the steps:

-Copy-paste the footman
-Set its name to whatever you want (This is to be able to localize the dummy)
-Set its sight for both day and night to 0
-Set its Path Collision to 0
-Set its Movement speed to 0
-Set its movement type to fly
-Set its food cost to 0
-Set its attack enabled to None
-Set its shadow to none
-Set its Size to 0.10
-Set its model to none
-Set its skills to "Locust" and the dummy skill you want

That should do it.

Level 3
Thanks alot =) works like a charm ^^ /bow

P.S. off topic do you know of any map that I can download to check hero selection triggers that chose heros from a tavern? I cant seem to be able to change the availability heros to my liking. =(

Level 4
If you want it to target all enemy heros, set Group A and Group B at intilization, then do Player group-pick all units in group, and do set life to life os picked unit-350. I dont know if this will work, but you could also try making a thunder clap with 9999999 area of effect, deals 350 dmg, and targets enemy heros only.

Level 1
You dont NEED dumies...

Just use the new Action Trigger "Make Unit Deal Damage To Unit" wich can make the casting unit deal 350 spell damage to all enemies and then add the effect after...

The new triggers pretty much replaced many dummy spells :D Their under unit section of action triggers. They also have the trigger "make unit deal damage to all enemy units in area" :D very nice :D

Hope this helped.. :wink:

-Phaze

Status
Not open for further replies.