• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell Request] Crashdive (MUI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi, I need a spell for an air unit which might be a bit complicated (at least for me). It's a single target spell, when the air unit begins the effect of the ability, it should crashdive into the target unit, dealing X splash damage in a certain radius and knocking back units a bit with a specific armor type. The air unit itself dies.

^^^ this part is easy by using the unstable concotion ability from the bats and simply adding a knockback but the hard part is coming now:

After the crash: when there are corpses laying around with at least 2000 hp then the air unit "revives" within 3 seconds. So when the air unit killed 2 units where 1 unit had 200/1000 HP and the other unit 150/900 HP then the air unit wont revive because the units together didnt have more than 2000 hp.

/edit: it doesnt batter from what the units died..they just have to be dead so the air unit can revive with their corpses
I hope its explained well. I tried to do it myself but it's somewhat an impossible task for me. Thanks

Last edited:
Level 11
Hi, I need a spell for an air unit which might be a bit complicated (at least for me).
For me not <heroic face>
The crashdive is based on the chain lightning ability. it attacks only air enemies and deals splash damage in certain area. The caster starts to move until it reaches the targeted unit (the caster stops if the targeted unit becomes invisible/dead/removed/hidden)
After the hit the system checks all units which are dying and extract their health point. If overall amount of extracted health point is greater or equal to certain value (2000 hp in the template) then the caster gets reviving after 3 sec., else it doesn't.
Hit causes knockback to all units. I don't know how to detect the "specific armor type".

In the template 3 group of dummy-enemies. Left one can't be destroyed with 1 hit so first caster will die.
Central one contains badly injured units. You will get the revive.
Right one - idk. I didn't test it.

To configurate all parameters go in the "USE" trigger. I made parameters only for 1st level.

Attachments

• Crashdive.w3x
    25.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Level 12
does it work when multiple players use it at the same time?

What is MUI?
MUI is Multi-Unit-Instanceability.It means that if 2 or more units cause a trigger to fire (casting a spell would be best example), the spell's effect will work properly for both units that cast the ability. if the trigger wasent MUI the spell would only work for 1 of the units Also, MUI is basicly impossible to achieve with waits.

Level 12
(Triggering Unit) will always refer to the correct unit, also after Wait().

And next to (Triggering Unit), some others work very good, too: Event Response Myths

But even if they didn't work correctly, one could use variables and / or data structures to achieve MUI state with the Wait() function. At least it's possible! ^^

so this trigger will work?
  • Darkelf Assassin Unholy Trance
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Unholy Trance
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to 0.00
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
      • Wait 20.00 seconds
      • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to 150.00